I'm gonna tell you how its gonna be

Nate

2 minutes ago, Steve Martin said:

Nope, that is Random Guy as well.  He is usally naked and "tucked in" when doing this.

So he sent you the tape too, and here I thought I was special.  :(

• Heart 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 years later...
6 minutes ago, RalphWaldoMooseworth said:

Awesome!  What will he do?  Did he set a record?

He is 73, they offered him a $30,000 buyout to retire. I told him he wood bee crazy not to take it. He has a bike, I’m going to see if he wants to do some trail riding. We did some kayaking together and he likes kayaking.

• Heart 3
  • Awesome 1

6 minutes ago, Longjohn said:

He is 73, they offered him a $30,000 buyout to retire. I told him he wood bee crazy not to take it. He has a bike, I’m going to see if he wants to do some trail riding. We did some kayaking together and he likes kayaking.

Excellent!  Nice carrot!  Very cool that now you can hang oot with your brother more often.  I would love that, but mine are far far away,

1 minute ago, Randomguy said:

You miss it, right?

hahahahahahahaha!!!!!

I don’t miss it, I’m back there several times a week in my dreams. Last night I was welding something and a Forman that has been retired for 15 years told me to come with him and as I was leaving one of the other retired guys yell at me for not shutting off the welder.

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Randomguy said:

I miss Nate.  He was a good poster. 

We should bring him back for at least one week per year. 

I think we should open P&R for one day per week just to let people freak.  Then lock it for the rest of the week.  A forum safety valve as it were.  :) 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Road Runner said:

I retired much earlier than that.  I better not say when just to avoid pissing people off.  :)

I was riding the lake trail with a guy in late October. He said he was leaving in the morning for his winter home in Floridaah. When he heard how old I was he said he hoped he would be able to ride like me when He’s seventy. I asked him how old he was and he said he will turn sixty next year. He said he had not even started thinking about retiring until a rich grandfather he didn’t even know died and left him his fortune. He retired in his forties.

• Awesome 1

27 minutes ago, Road Runner said:

I retired much earlier than that.  I better not say just when, to avoid pissing people off.  :)

I was telling a guy at work how it pissed me off that cow-orkers retaared at 60 and he said he is retaaring next year at 59.  Funny, my younger brother certainly has the means to retaar, but no desaar to, he likes work.  And I am pretty sure that he really is my brother but it is still hard to believe at times.  :D  White sheep of the family. :D

19 minutes ago, Road Runner said:

Slightly earlier than that.  Lets just say that it is not impossible that I could live long enough to end up being retired longer than I actually worked.   :o

That goes without saying, being a government employee.  :) 

"Why don't government workers gaze out the window in the morning?  They would have nothing to do in the afternoon. "  :) 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, RalphWaldoMooseworth said:

I was telling a guy at work how it pissed me off that cow-orkers retaared at 60 and he said he is retaaring next year at 59.  Funny, my younger brother certainly has the means to retaar, but no desaar to, he likes work. 

It really is important that you have stuff to do when you retire.  I know guys who had no hobbies or interests other than work, for the most part.  They really suffered when they retired.  Most either went back to work in some way, either as an advisor/consultant or just taking a part time job at a local store or some such.

5 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

That goes without saying, being a government employee.  :) 

"Why don't government workers gaze out the window in the morning?  They would have nothing to do in the afternoon. "  :) 

Where I worked, you were recruited for your special knowledge and willingness to work hard.  No one I worked with was a goof off.  

3 minutes ago, Road Runner said:

Where I worked, you were recruited for your special knowledge and willingness to work hard.  No one I worked with was a goof off.  

That said, I would be remiss not to mention the excellent benefits I enjoyed.  I could have made more money working for an outside contractor instead of the DoD, but the retirement, paid leave, holidays, health insurance and security of federal employment was hard to beat.

• Heart 1