Remote images

Square Wheels

Site security has been improved.  When you past a URL of an image the software allowed that image to be embedded from the host site.  That can be dangerous.

What happens now is you paste the URL, the software goes to that site, downloads the image to this server and displays it from this server.  Much safer.

What changes for you?  Nothing.  You can still paste an image or a URL of an image and it will embed.

1daac11.jpg

• Heart 1

2 minutes ago, 2Far said:

What about the sideways pics?

To the extent that the software can control it, it should be fixed.  Highly sophisticated software, i.e. Google Pics, Facebook, can detect the orientation of the subject matter and post it correctly, regardless of how your camera was oriented.  This software can't.  It can only post it the way the camera was oriented.

It should be working now.

Just now, Square Wheels said:

To the extent that the software can control it, it should be fixed.  Highly sophisticated software, i.e. Google Pics, Facebook, can detect the orientation of the subject matter and post it correctly, regardless of how your camera was oriented.  This software can't.  It can only post it the way the camera was oriented.

It should be working now.

Thx

• Heart 1

6 hours ago, Square Wheels said:

Highly sophisticated software, i.e. Google Pics, Facebook, can detect the orientation of the subject matter and post it correctly, regardless of how your camera was oriented.  This software can't.

Say, SW, I have an app that automatically turns the monitor to orient the picture in the proper manner.

I sent it to you written on a stone tablets via a European swallow.  Once you download it you can sent out to for free all the Forumites with Premium Memberships.

38 minutes ago, Thaddeus Kosciuszko said:

Say, SW, I have an app that automatically turns the monitor to orient the picture in the proper manner.

I sent it to you written on a stone tablets via a European swallow.  Once you download it you can sent out to for free all the Forumites with Premium Memberships.

All bets are off once the swallow has been laden.  It's subject to being shot on sight.