Review of The Outlaw Josey Wales

AirwickWithCheese

Very good, although I missed the first 30 minutes and thus the reason and justification for the carnage. 

There's something very therapeutic about watching Mr. Eastwood kill the bad people and savages. 

Sondra Locke was beautiful. 

The hound dog was mistreated.   :(

vlcsnap-00058.jpg

• Heart 2

Just now, Road Runner said:

My favorite Eastwood film.   I can't believe you've never seen it before.   :huh:

No I have but time plays games with our memories. I'm getting back into the westerns of my youth. I prefer Eastwood over John Wayne but both were wonderful.   

• Heart 2

3 minutes ago, Road Runner said:

Most of the big movie action heroes never did any directing.  John Wayne did a few.  Eastwood has become a much greater director than he was an actor.   IMO.    

No.

Perhaps it would be best for you to consult me on all things beforehand. 

• Heart 1

20 minutes ago, Chris... said:

It is in my top 10 of favorite movies. It used to be my favorite Eastwood movie but was edged out when Unforgiven came out.

I would agree that Unforgiven is a superior movie in most aspects, but I personally prefer Josey Wales as entertainment.  In spite of the violence, there is a lot of humor and fun in Josey.  Unforgiven is much darker and much harder for me to watch and enjoy.   

30 minutes ago, Road Runner said:

I would agree that Unforgiven is a superior movie in most aspects   

blasphemy!

Outlaw Josey Wales is a better story and had better acting

Outlaw Josey Wales also had way more lines that have become classics.

• Heart 2

23 minutes ago, Nate said:

Outlaw Josey Wales also had way more lines that have become classics.

Unforgiven:

The Schofield Kid: [after killing a man for the first time] It don't seem real... how he ain't gonna never breathe again, ever... how he's dead. And the other one too. All on account of pulling a trigger.

Will Munny: It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have.

The Schofield Kid: Yeah, well, I guess they had it coming.

Will Munny: We all got it coming, kid.

3 minutes ago, Road Runner said:

Unforgiven:

The Schofield Kid: [after killing a man for the first time] It don't seem real... how he ain't gonna never breathe again, ever... how he's dead. And the other one too. All on account of pulling a trigger.

Will Munny: It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have.

The Schofield Kid: Yeah, well, I guess they had it coming.

Will Munny: We all got it coming, kid.

never heard of it

Just now, BuffJim said:

I like the part where he goes "Did I fire six shots or did I fire five? Did I?  Go ahead punk. Make my bed."  If Airwick missed the first half hour, he probably missed that. Totally worth a re-watch.

yea, that's the best part of the whole opening sequence

• Heart 3

Just now, Road Runner said:

I liked the Missouri Boat Ride.  :D

that's what I mean..between the two films, Outlaw Josey Wales is a classic in the genre of western films. Part of that is that its been around a lot longer so we've all seen it a bunch of times, but there's something about this particular film that stands out

On 2/2/2017 at 9:53 PM, AirwickWithCheese said:

:angry:

I do not like this new sassy you.   

big.jpg

She is always OK in photos. Something about the way she moves can make her appealing, but at other times she does seem dead. Often both in the same movie and at the wrong times for each...

• Heart 2

37 minutes ago, AirwickWithCheese said:

@Road Runner, am I reading this correctly and you liked groupw's post???  :angry:

Yes, but mostly because of his astute observation that actresses sometimes appear different in photos than they do on the screen.  Some actresses I like take lousy photos.  Their beauty and grace seems to be greatly enhanced by the way that they move and carry themselves, and yes, even in how they speak.   

• Heart 4