guitar amp peeps

Mr. Beanz

what you do is you buy it, and pack it to the gig with the rest of the heavy equipment.

Then you set it up on the bandstand right near the drums so everybody can see it, and all through the set, you pull cans of beer out of it and throw them to the crowd.

If you were a hard driving rock and roll band, that would be awesome

BTW, the Marshall amp on the right, the AVT100...I have one. great amp. great for recording, too. It has a line out the back so you can use it for your stage sound and run the line out to the mains, or to the board for recording. Absolutely one of the best rock and roll amps I ever had

• Heart 1

7 minutes ago, jsharr said:

That is cool.

Cold even

I'm telling you, that thing would be a better stage prop than a fog machine

wouldn't you think it was kick ass to see a rock band where the singer reaches into the fridge during the guitar solo, starts grabbing a tall boys, and lobbing them out into the crowd?

• Heart 2

4 minutes ago, Square Wheels said:

Cute, but $350?  I wonder how much they needed to pay Marshall?

a shit ton. If your figure your standard is the $120-$150 mini fridge, you can figure its got to be pretty hefty

but, to be fair, there are top end compact fridges out there selling for around $350

I know they made this for dorm rooms and those city boy "man cave" things, but its a lot of money just so your friends can say "wow"

that's why I say you need to use it as a prop for your band. That's getting your money's worth

• Heart 1

3 hours ago, Nate said:

BTW, the Marshall amp on the right, the AVT100...I have one. great amp. great for recording, too. It has a line out the back so you can use it for your stage sound and run the line out to the mains, or to the board for recording. Absolutely one of the best rock and roll amps I ever had

I've played that amp there quite a few times in the store, yup, nice amp!

• Heart 1

2 minutes ago, TrentonStrong said:

I found a similar size mini fridge on the WalMart site for $120.  So that's almost a 200% markup.  

For that price they should at least throw in some solid state modeling amp circuitry.

(my preference is for Fender amps anyway :P )

a mini fridge you could plug into and jam?

now we're talkin'!

the one thing I will say for the Marshall Mini Fridge is that those switches and knobs and speaker grill cloth and Marshal molded logos actually aren't cheap

Those wraps made me think about that part.

this isn't an ridiculously over priced as you think, especially if it is a quality mini fridge. There is maybe $50 in amplifier parts there if you were trying to buy all that as replacement parts. The knobs are solid metal and go for a bout $5 a piece

1 minute ago, kingtermite said:

It's a BAIT and SWITCH. You think you are getting an amp, but end up with a pricey little mini fridge.

this is why you never buy music gear with your eyes

you buy gear with your ears

this is why I like Trenton's idea for it being a little modeling amp, too.

you buy a pricey little modeling amp (although a relatively cheap Marshall) and then you find out its also a mini fridge! :D

16 hours ago, Mr. Beanz said:

My bud on fb, guitar manager at Sam Ash posted this. Cool, I'll have to go in to get a good look. Wouldn't buy it but would like to see it fer myself! :D   

16684218_1436122103074087_8577002725966810870_n.jpg

I'm going to wait for a Fender Twin or a super Reverb model.

• Heart 1