Freaking Thank You

ChrisL

I spent the past few days in Bakersfield CA for work.  I mentioned the Grapevine and nearly getting run off the road by a trucker who was in the #2 lane and then merged into the #1 lane as I was approaching at a high rate of speed.   I drive over the pass often now and notice they do clog the lanes often.  While driving home yesterday i was the same area of the Grapevine where I had my near miss.   It was raining so I wasn't hauling ass like I usually am except the fucking truckers had the #2 -4 lanes clogged so if you wanted to go over 60 MPH had to line up in the #1 lane and it was really slowing everyone down.

Well a CHP Officer comes blazing up the left shoulder passing me, hooks over to the #2 lane, hits the lights and slows down to about 30 MPH.  All of the trucks got the hint and moved to the #3 lane. He then gets in the number 3 lane and does the same.  Trucks then all file into the far right lane.  Thank you, it was like a giant drain clog as the 5 Fwy was able to move after that.   

1st time I ever saw a chippie do that. 

• Heart 4

Here in Harrisburg, we get that in spades all the time.  The trucks try and get out of Baltimore headed north early, which puts them here in Harrisburg right in the middle of morning rush. The hiways are all under construction right now, too, because all our bridges seem to be falling down all at once (40 years of Democratic majorities can do that to a place)  and then you add a few uphill grades and throw in some lane closures for the construction and it just blows leather dicks trying to get back and forth to work

coming home they are doing construction up here at my exit and they re-routed the traffic and changed the merge point so that now it basically "merge for your life" every afternoon out there, too

but 2 trucks trying to pass each other on a 2 lane hiway on and uphill grade just sucks. We also get the old ladies who just camp  out right next to the 18 wheeler, too.

7 minutes ago, Nate said:

but 2 trucks trying to pass each other on a 2 lane hiway on and uphill grade just sucks. We also get the old ladies who just camp  out right next to the 18 wheeler, too.

That's exactly what's happening.  Long gradual grade. One truck goes into the #3 lane to pass a slow moving truck in the #4 lane, another truck says screw that, I can pass the both of you so goes into the #2 lane and before you know it all three lanes are clogged, one going 50 MPH, one going 53 MPH and a third going 55 MPH... 

4 minutes ago, ChrisL said:

That's exactly what's happening.  Long gradual grade. One truck goes into the #3 lane to pass a slow moving truck in the #4 lane, another truck says screw that, I can pass the both of you so goes into the #2 lane and before you know it all three lanes are clogged, one going 50 MPH, one going 53 MPH and a third going 55 MPH... 

on I-81 headed north towards Scranton, its only 2 lanes and you are on the long crawl up into the Appalachians.  Its even down to 1 lane for something like 50 miles for construction now, too

all our hiways were built in the late 1960s. So we have a lot of those "cloverleaf" style on and off ramps and all that nonsense. They designed all the on ramps to merge right into your blind spot...its just ridiculous. And to think that all the freight going to and from the Northeast has to come through here really makes you wonder how these bridges are still standing.

you know the Delaware River bridge to NJ is closed because the steel girders under the bridge cracked all the way through? Just unbelievable. Its like for decades now our state officials have been skimming and funneling tax money to their cousins and all that shit, not doing their jobs, and then when all the bridges are ready to fall down, they double all the license and registration fees and raise taxes. :angry:

11 minutes ago, ChrisL said:

It once took me 18 miles to pass a truck on I-20. About the time #1 would get by #2, there'd be another truck in #2