What keeps you going?

Square Wheels

21 minutes ago, Square Wheels said:

Why do you get out of bed in the morning? 

What makes you feel alive?

What inspires you?

Most days I can't answer these questions. 

Wo46 makes me get up and go to work 

Accomplishing something that's a little scary or might seem in posable and following through 

Seeing something like a 75 year old person finishing a marathon or the lady I seen with a prosthetic leg indoor rock climbing 

• Heart 2

38 minutes ago, Square Wheels said:

What inspires you?

If I loose my job, no money to live on - bad.

Relaxing, fun, flow, not spending money, ...

Cool stuff, nice weather, good people, etc.

• Heart 2

Get out of bed cause I have to! :D  exercise playing hard and being with Gina makes me feel alive. What  inspires me,  trying to stay healthy and strong. Other than that, I'd stay in bed. :D

58 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

Really?  I have always found most people who excel at any given thing were heavily inspired by some sort of predecessor.  Much more so than influence of nationality. 

Americans frequently describe things/people as 'inspirational' and others do this less so. It's a cultural thing. Maybe this isn't your experience but it is mine.

16 hours ago, Square Wheels said:

What inspires you?

1.  Work ethic in training and career.

2.  Having a happy family and hitting big jumps. 

3.  Seeing results and feeling them materialize

• Heart 1

Hard to answer those questions right now.  I would probably sound whiny, so I won't bore with the details.  

I think you go along your happy path and life is good.  Over the years, life starts introducing things that can be perceived by an observant person as worse and worse.  

People die, friends get married and drift away, or don't get married and drift away, or you realize that you drift away.  You may be in a relationship where your partner is mentally ill and successfully hid it from you, or you may be in a relationship where your partner is mentally stupid and dimly aware (if that), but struggled through a masters degree in a field populated by those that are similarly disabled, so you thought they were just quirky and airheaded (sorry Airehead, not you!). 

You grow tired of repetitive work that pays well, or you are in a field you like but scrape by, and you realize that most of your bosses are not nice or good people or particularly gifted or caring in either case   

So much more, but you get the idea.

Sigh. 

SW, thank you for creating an environment where your daughter can know she is loved--- so very important for everyone but especially kids who may appear different than her peers.  And it sounds like she is different-- motivated, bright, joyful, resilient .  Don't you wish all high schoolers had these traits.

• Heart 1