Whatever happened to Hacker?

Road Runner

3 hours ago, Road Runner said:

The LF has become mostly a political forum these days.  Not much love, lots of hate for a certain president.  It's down to about 5-10 people obsessing over the current political situation.  The people who like P&R here should give it a try.   

There is just basically no content.  It died a really slow death.  Sad because it used to be such a hopping place.

• Heart 4

This thread got me thinking...maybe next time (if there is a next time) someone goes off the rails, they do get banished to the LF for a time instead of being permabanned.  It would serve as a punishment, sure, but it would also serve as a portal from one expired life to the next, if there are reclaimable souls still out there at the old place.  

• Heart 2

55 minutes ago, Randomguy said:

This thread got me thinking...maybe next time (if there is a next time) someone goes off the rails, they do get banished to the LF for a time instead of being permabanned.  It would serve as a punishment, sure, but it would also serve as a portal from one expired life to the next, if there are reclaimable souls still out there at the old place.  

Sort of like Australia. :D

• Heart 2

1 minute ago, Ralph T. Mooseknuckle said:

square1 is a little more normal.

Square1 should come here also.  Most of the rest are immersed in politics.  Or at least it seems that way.  I've thought of posting some drivel over there recently, but amidst all the high faluting political crap, I doubt that it would be well received.

• Heart 1

7 hours ago, Further said:

Remember Machka ? Insane cold weather rider from Canada, she moved to Australia and slowly stopped posting. 

Oh yeah!  The Machka and PimpOnWheels era was my favourite.  I'll never forget one of Pimp's thread titles, "Veloptuous mannekins", where some of those things in a store window almost made him crash. :D  Priceless.

And in a way, Hip is the spiritual child of Machka - just a total bikenut. :)

16 hours ago, Road Runner said:

The LF has become mostly a political forum these days.  Not much love, lots of hate for a certain president.  It's down to about 5-10 people obsessing over the current political situation.  The people who like P&R here should give it a try.   

I don't think that's fair. There's a thread on hunting, cameras, labiaplasty, owls, this forum and "Trump or Monkey" all on page 1.

• Heart 2

53 minutes ago, Prophet Zacharia said:

I don't think that's fair. There's a thread on hunting, cameras, labiaplasty, owls, this forum and "Trump or Monkey" all on page 1.

You might be right.  It's just that every time I drop in, I see the same posters talking mostly political stuff.  Just a sampling on my part and not a fair representation, I suppose.

23 hours ago, Dirtyhip said:

. . . .

Hackier is still my FB buddy.  He hasn't dropped me there.  He has some funny picture posts with his lady.  

I'm not on facebook (because it's evil, of course), but I'm glad you're still in contact and that he's doing well.

• Heart 2

2 minutes ago, Kim Dong Un said:

@Square Wheels, Cafe Racer tried joining the forum but he got a message that his account wasn't recognized.

Is there anything in the logs we can look at to see how to let him in?

He would be a great addition to the forum.

Kim

I just looked.  Nuthin.  We have been getting some spammers so I set it so I need to approve all accounts.  There are no pending accounts accept for one spammer.  There are no error log files.  Have him use the Contact Us link at the bottom and I'll set him up.