Whatever happened to Hacker?

Road Runner

10 hours ago, speedysmed said:

Jordon from Heath, Ohio aka as Hacker.  Photo is about 7 years old now.

Jordon aka hackier.jpg

Looks like Master Sergeant Jordon is being awarded a second MSM (Meritorious Service Medal).

I use to have his work email address at my work. I'll see if I can dig Hacker up and invite him back here.

• Heart 3

18 minutes ago, Ralph T. Mooseknuckle said:

I guess there were a lot of those in those cute little space cars? :dontknow:

It is always fun to watch Sci-Fi from the 50's and early 60's where future technology was always depicted as still using vacuum tubes and analog meters.   :D

• Heart 1

1 hour ago, Road Runner said:

I had to go through the sign-up process as I recall (like a new member but using my old name and email).  When I was done, it remembered me.  Weird.

It was FUBAR for a long time, but now I can sign in with my original account, as long as I'm not on my mobile. I can't sign it with my phone at all.

I can't log in here from work due to filters, but I can there.

So who is "George Washington" over there on LF.

And if he can't understand why people still talk about and think about the LF, he obviously has some mental short comings as a lot of us met on there and had been regular active poster over there for over a decade.  Okay, that part is kind of sad that I've spent so much time on an internet forum.

I tried to login over there, my account is apparently gone as it doesn't even recognize my e-mail address.  :(

2 minutes ago, Indy said:

So who is "George Washington" over there on LF.

Based on the general grumpiness and bristly attitude, I'd say Jason.  Seems he can no longer long in either.

Sadly, I think Rodale will simply delete the forums soon.  It's a commercial cycling site designed to make money based on cycling.  I suspect it does their image little good having lots of political garbage on their cycling site.

• Heart 1

1 minute ago, Square Wheels said:

Based on the general grumpiness and bristly attitude, I'd say Jason.  Seems he can no longer long in either.

Sadly, I think Rodale will simply delete the forums soon.  It's a commercial cycling site designed to make money based on cycling.  I suspect it does their image little good having lots of political garbage on their cycling site.

That makes sense.  Though how sad is it, that I was around long enough to remember when he was new and actually not to bad of a poster.  Being around that long, it was always fascinating watching how some posters would change over time, more often than not for the worse.  People often started out nice, maybe some what sarcastic and funny, but some over time just become quite mean and bitter.  There were a few that were asses from the start, but most didn't start out that way.

26 minutes ago, Indy said:

I tried to login over there, my account is apparently gone as it doesn't even recognize my e-mail address.  :(

You might try what I did.  I "signed up" like a new member using my old info (name and email) and I got in.  Then the software somehow recognized me as me, but I had to "sign up", not "sign in".  Maybe it won't work for everybody, but it did for me.

28 minutes ago, Road Runner said:

You might try what I did.  I "signed up" like a new member using my old info (name and email) and I got in.  Then the software somehow recognized me as me, but I had to "sign up", not "sign in".  Maybe it won't work for everybody, but it did for me.

That worked.

Really sad part, haven't really posted over there since this site started and I'm still ranked 22nd.  That tells you how far that forum has fallen.

• Heart 1

45 minutes ago, Square Wheels said:

I am pretty sure it is Jason.  I remember him as being kind of fun in the old days, am I remembering that correctly?   I think he would maybe still be fun if he had come over here instead, but he wants us off the lawn now.  Can't come with the devils, but the old-time religion doesn't seem to be helping his disposition in regards to us, either.  Maybe he is more fun with the regulars over there, who knows?

40 minutes ago, Indy said:

That makes sense.  Though how sad is it, that I was around long enough to remember when he was new and actually not to bad of a poster.  Being around that long, it was always fascinating watching how some posters would change over time, more often than not for the worse.  People often started out nice, maybe some what sarcastic and funny, but some over time just become quite mean and bitter.  There were a few that were asses from the start, but most didn't start out that way.

Mookie was the one that seemed to change the most, or at least that I remember.

5 minutes ago, Indy said:

That worked.

Really sad part, haven't really posted over there since this site started and I'm still ranked 22nd.  That tells you how far that forum has fallen.

How can you tell?  I wonder where I am at over there, but not enough to open an account and sign on.

Just now, Randomguy said:

I am pretty sure it is Jason.  I remember him as being kind of fun in the old days, am I remembering that correctly?   I think he would maybe still be fun if he had come over here instead, but he wants us off the lawn now.  Can't come with the devils, but the old-time religion doesn't seem to be helping his disposition in regards to us, either.  Maybe he is more fun with the regulars over there, who knows?

Mookie was the one that seemed to change the most, or at least that I remember.

How can you tell?  I wonder where I am at over there, but not enough to open an account and sign on.

No, Jason used to be funny.

Mookie was one of the awesome posters back in the old days, then he went completely off his rocker and there was that short timer crazy chic helping to drive the bus.

You have to go to your profile when you are logged in and it gives you your rank then.  Don't see a way to get a list anymore like you used to be able to.

On ‎3‎/‎2‎/‎2017 at 10:27 AM, Indy said:

You weren't the only one.  Caught me off guard as he always came off as a kind of goofy happy go lucky type to me.

And then seeing his reaction, actually had me worried considering his collection he had.  Not for myself personally, but in general due to the apparent lack of stability.

I never saw the reaction.... I loved Hacker..