Crash Question

BR46

9 minutes ago, Thaddeus Kosciuszko said:

"Man, I hope I don't mess up my bike..."

I had one where the throttle stuck on my 500 and it ended with me crashing on a double jump. After I hit and rag dolled I remember being up side down in the air watching my motorcycles cartwheeling down the track with the motor screaming wide open. I got up and ran over to the bike pick it up and went back racing.  About a half a lap later I realized that I was injured and pulled off the track.

Shortly after Wo46 drove me to the hospital. 

Most of them, I remember the details.

The chain snapping while standing out-of-saddle at 22mph was pretty spectacular; that was a full endo.

I remember getting to choose where to hit the car that pulled out in front of me and deciding I'd rather be on the hood then T-bone against the B-pillar.

I remember a little less about the one where the guy up front in the paceline stopped dead without signalling (he realized we had to turn left, very belated), guy in front of me went over, I smacked him, and the guy behind me rode over both of us. I remember mostly that I'd have liked whoever the idiot was to at least apologized; cost me a set of STI levers and a new rear rim.  Whoever it was knew it, but never spoke up.

I can remember in vivid slow motion detail my car accident a few years ago.  I knew I was going to get rear ended so braced for impact. After getting nailed hard my car took off and I remember trying to regain control.  Then just as I got myself under control bam nailed by a big rig going about t0 mph. Spun around back the direction from which I came and bam hit a 3rd car.   All of that happened in less than 10 seconds..

• Heart 1

Both of mine were MTB. I remember detail by detail,  lying on the ground after flipping on hardpack at 25 MPH  thinking WTH did I do that! ?    In slow motion! :D

• Heart 1

3 minutes ago, JerrySTL said:

Not really. One in particular I remember thinking "this is going to be bad" and nothing much more for the next 5 hours

I am constantly amazed at my neighbor's story aboot a ladder falling off a tall tree, and on the way down he was thinking: "This is going to be bad."  Amazingly, he survived with minimal damage. :)

Yeah the crash where my Ford Ranger earned the 2FarMoH seemed to unravel in slo-mo. I remember doing the PTA check when I came to rest & before the ringing in my ears started to subside. That may be the loudest sound I ever heard ( the second is prolly when the woman drove into the Waffle House right next to me). 

• Heart 1

I remember the pickup rolling past the red light. I remember slapping the hood and yelling. I don't remember feeling the impact. I remember thinking,"good! I got my foot unclipped" I remember bracing for impact with the road and standing up trying to figure what hurt from the impact and what from the hard ride I had just done!

2 hours ago, 2Far said:

Yeah the crash where my Ford Ranger earned the 2FarMoH seemed to unravel in slo-mo. I remember doing the PTA check when I came to rest & before the ringing in my ears started to subside. That may be the loudest sound I ever heard ( the second is prolly when the woman drove into the Waffle House right next to me). 

I will never forget you posting after coming home that morning from the Waffle House.  Between the story, the pictures, and you mentioning you had to make sure your pants were unbrowned.

That would've freaked me too.

• Heart 1