HOOTS Tandem weekend.

Digital_photog

Hoosiers Out on Tandems is hosting a tandem weekend in Shipshewana, IN July 21-23, 2017

Thursday evening there will also be a ride or those who come in early.

This is the the routes we were planning to use for the Midwest Tandem Rally in 2019 before it was decided to take it to Columbus, IN instead of Shipshewana.

The 2010 MTR in Shipshewana was one of the most popular in MTR history.

It would be fun if some of the Square Wheels group could come to this event.  If you don't have a tandem and still want to come let me know as soon as possible.  My cousin's shop has a rental Santana mountain tandem that would be great for someone to use.  At this time I have it reserved for the whole event.  It will not be expensive to use it.

HOOTS Tandem Weekend

Let me know or register if you want to take part.  If you would like to use the Santana make sure you let me know as soon as possible.

@Airehead @petitepedal

• Heart 1

11 minutes ago, Rattlecan said:

I would love to do this, but July is already pretty booked. I have a tandem (1964 Schwinn Twinn) but my wife hates it, so it doesn't get much use.

Yeah, my wife hates mine too. I have a Dave Montague Tri-Frame folding tandem.  

• Heart 1

3 minutes ago, UglyBob said:

Yeah, my wife hates mine too. I have a Dave Montague Tri-Frame folding tandem.  

What she hates most is that she can't pedal or coast independently. I could engineer a system to make that work, but I'm not sure enough she would like it even then to go to all the work.

14 minutes ago, Rattlecan said:

What she hates most is that she can't pedal or coast independently. I could engineer a system to make that work, but I'm not sure enough she would like it even then to go to all the work.

That is the thing my wife dislikes the most about the tandem  I wish the DaVinci tandems with independent pedaling weren't so expensive.  Our tandem isn't used a lot when it is just the 2 of us on a ride.  It is mainly for social group rides.  @team scooterhas the old Schwinn Twin we had before the Comotion.

• Heart 1

7 minutes ago, Airehead said:

I will figure out if Mr. Aire is going to be home--- this would be a blast.

Hope you can make it.  It would be fun if more can make it too.  As I  posted above I can get some tandems for them to use.  Already have the Santana reserved.

@Parr8hed should bring his camper and come up.

• Heart 1

4 hours ago, Ralph T. Mooseknuckle said:

I like it when you guys talk tandems almost as much as when RC and LJ talk trucking or ...  :D

I didn;t know aboot the independent pedaling thing, and I can see lack of it being a major PITA for stokers.

It can be a PITA for the cap'n too if the stoker is too eager or not eager enough.

1 hour ago, Rattlecan said:

Ever tried a cattle prod? Much more effective.

When riding CANDISC out in North Dakota there were a couple of folks on tandems (including the family  that rode a quad) Anyway..talking to one couple...the lady told me about the stokers revenge.."stoker takes the captains bike shorts, pulls them back and down around the saddle"...........:whistle:  THAT could be dangerous...I think the folk is plain ol fun until we hit 45 mph going downhill.....

• Heart 1

• 4 weeks later...

I'll bump this again so anyone who may be able to come doesn't forget about it.  It will be a great weekend

The Tandem pictured above is home and may be available.  I offered it to our pastors mother and her friend so they may be using it. The Santana I mentioned may be used by our pastor and his wife.  I should know by the first of June if those are available.    I know I can get some old Schwinn tandems from a shop in Goshen if someone wants to use those.

The Cannondale MT-800 looks a little different now.

DSCN2049.jpg

It also now has an ortleib handlebar bag on it. Mount for the Garmin Oregon 650t GPS will be on in the next few days.

• Heart 1

Here are the routes if anyone wants to look at them or load them in a GPS.  I think they are planning that the routes won't be marked.  You will get a map or use your GPS.

Friday, Saturday and Sunday routes.

Car show short route, All paved trail. No roads

Car show long route. About half road.

• Heart 1