Jesus and Bartenders

jsharr

As Wade and I were driving to East Texas this AM to help Mom and Dad get the boat sold and loaded on the trailer to get to it's new home, we were both a bit quiet.  Wade likes reggae, so we listened to a reggae station on the way down.

On the way home, Wade was even quieter and I was tired of reggae so I surfed around the channels looking for some good Texas Red Dirt music.  Ended up on a bluegrass station and heard this.

Sort of fits the mood I have been in lately and helped me realize I may need my comfort served from the cross and not on the rocks.  

• Like 4

29 minutes ago, jsharr said:

As Wade and I were driving to East Texas this AM to help Mom and Dad get the boat sold and loaded on the trailer to get to it's new home, we were both a bit quiet.  Wade likes reggae, so we listened to a reggae station on the way down.

On the way home, Wade was even quieter and I was tired of reggae so I surfed around the channels looking for some good Texas Red Dirt music.  Ended up on a bluegrass station and heard this.

Sort of fits the mood I have been in lately and helped me realize I may need my comfort served from the cross and not on the rocks.  

Interestingly enough..the fellow who preached today brought out a big ol catholic catechism AND the AA Big Blue Book...and somewhere along the way he commented that a lot of alcoholics are searching...they just happen to be searching in the wrong place..and that if they just looked to God... for what they were seeking...they might not go for the alcohol....On the other side..with the big ol catechism...he broke that down to just a few lines.  Hope you are feeling better Jsharr  (It was a tad more complex than that, that is the basic thought)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jsharr said:

BTW, posted the song because I had never heard it and I liked the words and the message and I know that many on here like to hear new music and I figured this would be new to many of you.

Just great.  Two more songs to learn.  That makes 14.  :runcirclsmiley:  That's the thing about songs.  There's a message there for everyone, you just have to listen.  It's when the music and the lyrics sync up to what someone is searching for is when it really hits home. 

I don't play or sing very well, but when I'm down I can pick up my guitar and sing my blues away because I know the words to a lot of songs. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, tybeegb said:

Just great.  Two more songs to learn.  That makes 14.  :runcirclsmiley:  That's the thing about songs.  There's a message there for everyone, you just have to listen.  It's when the music and the lyrics sync up to what someone is searching for is when it really hits home. 

I don't play or sing very well, but when I'm down I can pick up my guitar and sing my blues away because I know the words to a lot of songs. 

A buddy of mine named Nick Brisco is a singer-songwriter from Dallas. And one of his songs titled Plane to Boston, he has a lyric "one day he picked up his guitar and learned every word it said". I love that lyric

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, jsharr said:

A buddy of mine named Nick Brisco is a singer-songwriter from Dallas. And one of his songs titled Plane to Boston, he has a lyric "one day he picked up his guitar and learned every word it said". I love that lyric

Same guy wrote the lyric "Walking on water takes very light feet."  The band was called Fever in the Funkhouse.

• Like 1