How much time have you spent...

Green Grass

I went with my girl scout troop to visit the local police station when I was very young (it was a city troup, we didn't do much camping).  As part of the tour the police "locked" everyone in the cell for a minute.

• Heart 1

Spent the night in the holding cell.  New guy hazing... told me to go in there to make sure the toilet flushed and the Sr. guys slammed the door behind me.  Fuckers left me in there all night but whatever, I just crashed out on the bed until they got me. 

I was the cleanest of a relatively clean group of guys but several of them drove very very fast cars and always had tickets. So apparently one of them used my name on a ticket and I got arrested for an unpaid ticket. This happened in front of my house and my father was in his boxer shorts in the front yard watching me get arrested. I spent all of about an hour and The Slammer took the fall for it and then bitched  the hell out of my friend.

20 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

I was about an hour in Alcatraz once.  I was charged with US money. :)  

Same here but I think I spent more that an hour walking the island.  I was fascinated with the Bird Man of Alcatraz as a youngster.  It was great to get to see his cell.  WoKzoo's family has some connection to Al Capone so I was interested in his stay there as well.  And with my formative years being in the 60's, one can'r help but remember the Native American "uprising" on the island.

My entire incarnation was about 3 minutes inside an Alcatraz call with the unlocked door closed. 

• Heart 1

One night. Got busted at a Jackson Browne concert in Portland Maine for possession of weed. Was charged with disorderly conduct and judge gave me a conditional discharge. 

My best friend back when I was young had an uncle that had escaped from Alcatraz but was recaptured. My friend's dad hired lawyers and eventually got him released. I knew the uncle but never believed any of the stories until the internet was invented and I researched it. Sometimes when people tell unbelievable stories they actually are true. 

Three speeding tickets in one year when living in IL, they take your license for 30 days for that, at least they did that when I lived there.  After the 30 days was over, license back and all that.  

A couple of years later, I was in Ohio for a wedding, and I had an expired tag on my car, and had been driving that way for about a month or so.  Cop pulled me over after the wedding for the expired tag, and said  "You are driving with a revoked driver's license, we have to take you in".

Arrested, booked, and bailed out quickly, quickly enough to not miss any of the reception.  Cop was super nice, small town, let me keep my belt, shoes, tie because I told him my license was fine and he believed me.  I was in for an hour, which happened to be meal time.  I had a salisbury steak microwave dinner and read a three year-old popular mechanics magazine.

It was a mayor's court, and I had to stay in town until the trial, which was a week.  IL sent word out to all other states when the license was temporarily suspended, but neglected to send word out to them when it was reinstated 30 days later.  They sent proof I was a-ok to drive.  The mayor asked "So I suppose I should just let you off?".  I said "Uh...YEAH!"  Everybody laughed, he said "DONE" and banged a gavel.  No fine for the expired plate, either.

When I was under 36, I was in the Jaycees and we occasionally visited the Jaycee Chapter at the Maryland Penitentiary. The guards used to scare us by delaying opening the gates as we passed in and out.  The group ranged from brilliant guys in jail for embezzlement to guys like Arlo Guthrie's description of the "Group W Bench" in "Alice's Restaurant:" "There were mother stabbers there - and father rapers..."

The scariest thing was most of them seemed normal!  Each visit was an unsettling experience, but we hoped our attention to them would help them motivate themselves to work on getting themselves on the right track in life.

Never been locked up, heck, I've only had one ticket in my life at 17 and I was innocent, stupid cop!

I did think I was going one night but the cops must have just figured it was self defense and took the other bum. I had a lot of problems with Gina's ex boyfriend (alcoholic father of her sons).  About 5'10 250 pounds. Never paid child support. He always tried to talk trash to me and I challenged him to a one on one fight. I really wanted to beat his ass but he would never man up to the challenge. I even suggested boxing gloves, nice clean fight in front of his sons. Chicken shit!

One night Gina's son was in the hospital and we got a call from the daughter in law that he was there at the house trying to kick in her door. She was frantic so we headed down there only to find 10 cop cars already there. Went inside a dark house filled with cops. Got the dil and on the way out, this dude comes running up and tries to confront Gina. The cops walked him out and on the way out, he turned and suckered punched me. I managed to slip the punch somewhat. I heard a bunch of cops start screaming "NOOOO!".

As soon as he punched me, I saw his eyes look to the side for a split second, that's when I managed to return a punch to his face while slamming his head against the wall! I punched him on the cheek but he got a black eye! :lol:

A second after I punched him, a cop jumped on my back. About 5 cops jumped on him and kicked the shit out of him. The cop that jumped on my back held on so I carried him piggy back into the next room, put him down and said, "I'm cool!" :whistle:

They took him away and left me alone. I thought maybe they would take me but hey, I was just there to pick up the dil so he wouldn't hurt her.

But nope didn't take me and  that was my run in with the law!

He's dead now and all the families get along great! Karma got his stupid ass!