Looks Like I'm Doing a Mtn Bike Race...

ChrisL

My brother  is a few years older than me and had an athletic past but is pretty out of shape at the moment.  He's been talking about doing the local Over the Hump Mtn bike races and said it would be a good goal to get back in shape.  He asked me if I wanted to do it with him and although I don't, said sure, if you do it I'll do it.   I figure that way he'll be motivated to ride and work out if I do it with him.  He called me Friday and said, OK I signed us up for the race, we're in May 9th....  Oh great, looks like I'm doing a race! 

I don't mind doing it with him, it'll be fun and I hope he uses this as motivation to train and get some fitness.  He's got a long way to go though.  Two weeks ago we rode and didn't even cover the distance of the race and it kicked his ass.    

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, smudge said:

I'm more of an "event" girl than "race." But it sounds like a good time! Good luck. Have fun!  And let us know how it goes.

I've done a dozen or more CX "races" over the years but I do them for fun and don't really race them.  I've never DNF'd and was never "DFL" so I take pride in that.  I'll approach this one the same, go out and have some fun.  I'll always hang towards the back of the starting chute and not get in any tangles on the first couple of corners and pick my way through the course.