Mystery Science Theater 3000

TrentonMakes

...new episodes coming to Netflix beginning April 14!

Some 20 classics are available there now, including "Manos: Hands of Fate" and one of my favorites "The Giant Gila Monster".

Anyone else familiar with this?  This is sure to be a divisive topic, as I imagine some would find watching a bad movie with three wise-cracking friends to be tedious and annoying.  I, however, find it generally hilarious.

Unfortunately my wife is not a fan - so it might not be easy for me to find time to watch the new ones.

• Heart 2

3 minutes ago, TrentonStrong said:

...new episodes coming to Netflix beginning April 14!

Some 20 classics are available there now, including "Manos: Hands of Fate" and one of my favorites "The Giant Gila Monster".

Anyone else familiar with this?  This is sure to be a divisive topic, as I imagine some would find watching a bad movie with three wise-cracking friends to be tedious and annoying.  I, however, find it generally hilarious.

Unfortunately my wife is not a fan - so it might not be easy for me to find time to watch the new ones.

When it is good, it is good!  A few stinkers, but I have heard about the new episodes and know people who are stoked!

• Heart 1

I love it, but the wife is not a fan. I have to watch it in my office or on the laptop with headphones on. My all time favorite is probably "Santa Claus Conquers the Martians."  Pia Zadora as an obnoxious child...before she became an obnoxious adult!

Comet TV plays two episodes every Sunday evening. I've also watched a couple of episodes on Amazon that Comet hasn't shown. "The Starfighters" was one.

Here's a list of the worst 19 shows. Manos: The Hands of Fate comes in #4.

http://io9.gizmodo.com/the-19-worst-movies-mystery-science-theater-3000-ever-r-1732624992

12 hours ago, JerrySTL said:

I've also watched a couple of episodes on Amazon that Comet hasn't shown. "The Starfighters" was one.

that one was memorable for the never-ending stock footage of midair refueling.... and "poopy suit" jokes. :lol: