Really Really Really Short Ride Video

Mr. Beanz

As I mentioned in my ride post Saturday, last week we rode with a tandem couple. We drafted them on the easier section but once we hit the windy section near the coast, I took the front. We dropped them a few times so we slowed a bit to let them get back on. They are pretty fast but I do pretty well into the wind so I took the front for the stiff headwind over the 7 mile or so section that is brutal.

They usually have a higher average than us as I am usually trying to just hold a pace with Gina. But last week when I took the front, I really tried hard hoping to hold their pace. SO I never tried to drop them and when I realized I did, I would slow down so they could get back in the draft.

I thought we were working together but on the return they really took off with the tail wind. I thought they would wait for us but they didn't. We tried to keep up but once they opened a gap on us, Gina could not sprint to close the gap. So we held the pace best she could and we finished the ride about a minute after them. I really have a hard time understanding why riders you help through the tough parts want to drop you once the odds are in their favor.

So this weekend,  we saw them roll by as we were at a park. We rolled out a minute after they rolled by and I thought maybe we might catch them once the wind kicked up. We did but because they didn't back off half a step for us once i did several times for them, I figured if we did catch them and passed them, I wouldn't wait for them. Heck, if we did, I'd tow them through the wiond then they would drop us on the return with the tailwind even if it meant finishing ahead of us by a minute or so.

So hell no, I didn't wait for them this time! I worked hard to catch them and once I did, I didn't back off the pace! TOUGH 7 mile segment with the most wind and we averaged 16.4 into the wind and they averaged 15.6. Pretty sure they could have used my help this time too but I wasn't giving them a chance to pull that stunt again. :lol:

He seemed kind of butt hurt at the rest stop. But hey, what comes around goes around. I think he knew what I was thinking because he sent me this clip from his gopro recorder.

CAN YOU HEAR THE HEADWIND ????   :o

• Heart 1

You dusted them Beanz. :hapydance: After that video played the screen went to twelve suggestions for a YouTube bunny trail.  Five of them were Beanz on a guitar and five were Sina my favorite girl drummer that I have been following, one of a guy playing guitar with his feet (armless man) and one of the Jimi Hendrix of bass. I love the way YouTube works and suggests stuff, they know how to read your mail. 

• Heart 1