How long can you go without checking your cell phone?

Kzoo

I feel lost if I don't have it, mainly because no one can get a hold of me if something happened to my kids or wife.  So I constantly check that I have it, but other than that, if I can find something better to do than look at my phone, I will.  It's just a distraction for someone with ADD, just like this forum and the internet in general.

And I have a Pebble (can't believe they are out of business) smart watch so don't have to look at my phone for alerts, just glance at wrist real quick. 

The Pebble was absolutely the perfect smart watch, long battery life, water proof and gives you just the info you actually need.  :(

1 hour ago, BuffJim said:

5 minutes. Longer when I sleep. 

^^^  This if I am not at work.  At work it's on the desk but I'm not checking it all the time.  If the MacBook is open, I'm reading email there.  Otherwise I will be checking mail often on the phone.  I don't have it set up to notify me (I use to but it drove me nuts) so I go out when I care (often) and pull down new mail.  I don't a get lot of texts but if it's from WoKzoo she expects a right quick reply.

• Heart 1

If I have downtime during the day, I will check social media. During the evening, I will catch up if I missed much among friends. 

I carry my phone at the gym so I have my music for the workout. I forgot to grab it from a workstation when a friend stopped to say high. The music kept playing on my Bluetooth headphones so I didn't miss it until the music started to break up. Let's just say the 30 meter range advertised is conservative! I got a tone for a text and took me a while to backtrack to it!

I use my phone quite a bit but not as a telephone. I run Strava, take photos and videos, do banking and shopping.  I silence my phone when in church, sometimes when I go to silence it it is already silenced from the week before (oops, I hope if anyone called it wasn't important).