Do you even use your phone much any more?

Randomguy

I call my parents, but text them if it something quick.

When I am on the road I text with my wife throughout the day, but we generally talk on the phone (or Facetime) in the evening

Pretty much text all the time with the rest of the family, and I don't have any friends

11 minutes ago, Randomguy said:

Kzoo's drunken rambling got me thinking about phone usage.  I prefer to text in most situations at this point, the phone is generally just a hassle, and most people don't check voicemails.

Drugs not drink there RG.  And they were prescribed narcotics.  OK, not prescribed by by doc by anyway.....

I do a mix of texting and phone calls.  WoKzoo texts almost exclusively now so electronic communication with her is 99% text.  The good thing is we don't communicate much with notes on the counter when were are running.  With my 3 kids it's probably text except maybe with the older one since she has a problem with replying in a timely fashion.  To contact her it's usually - call - leave a message - text telling her to check her vmail - leave a message on Facebook......... 

• Heart 1

2 minutes ago, Square Wheels said:

I'd prefer to talk, my kids prefer to text.  I rarely talk to my wife on the phone.  I'm like @Indy, I don't much care for people, so I limit most communication.

At work I have a landline (or VOIP) and a cell phone.  I make / receive 5 or 10 calls a day, almost all on the landline.

I make so many calls at work, I couldn't even tell you what my work phone number is.  I may touch my desk phone once a month if that.

22 minutes ago, Square Wheels said:

At work I have a landline (or VOIP) and a cell phone.  I make / receive 5 or 10 calls a day, almost all on the landline.

I have a VOIP landline in my office as well.  The only outgoing calls I make on it are for the speaker feature.  With more than just one other in the office, the speaker on the desk phone works better than the cell - I do this maybe 2 or 3 times a year.  All incoming landline calls go directly to vmail and because it's VOIP they are sent to my email.  That way I can see on the email on my phone that I have a vmail and I can listen to it there.  I just have to remember to clean out the mail box on my phone once every couple of months.

Send and receive calls on the work cell a lot during  the day.  That's why I don't do much for personal calls. My son and mom call me. My brothers call me or I call them about once/month each. Other than that, the girls prefer text/Facebook. 

WoW texts me most of the time. If she calls, it is urgent!