The questions that no one can answer thread

Road Runner

23 minutes ago, Wile E Coyote said:

I'll start.

Why does grass refuse to grow in certain spots in my lawn, but every known vegetation in the Northern Hemisphere will sprout and grow like hell in the tiniest of my sidewalk and driveway cracks?   :dontknow:

We have hybrized and specialized ornamental turf grasses so much that they will only perform in very specific conditions, where as plants that we consider weeds can grow in truly horrid conditions.  They have less competition for water and nutrients and their roots help break down large aggregates into soil and also help to keep soil in place and prevent erosion.  

• Heart 2

14 minutes ago, jsharr said:

We have hybrized and specialized ornamental turf grasses so much that they will only perform in very specific condition, where as plants that we consider weeds can grow in truly horrid conditions.  They have less competions for water and nutrients and their roots help break down large aggregates into soil and also help to keep soil in place and prevent erosion.  

You are sucking all the fun out of this thread by providing logical answers.  :(

• Heart 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Wile E Coyote said:

If you write with your right hand, eat with your right hand and wipe yourself with your right hand, what is your left hand for?   :scratchhead:

Picking your nose.  You don't want to eat with the hand  you pick your nose.  You don't want to pick your nose with the hand you wipe.

Why does the line that you get in at the grocery store always go slower than every other line? And if you get tired of waiting and move to another line that seems to be moving, that line becomes the slow one?  And when you finally get to the cashier, the line is gone and no one is behind you?   :scratchhead:

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Wile E Coyote said:

but every known vegetation in the Northern Hemisphere will sprout and grow like hell in the tiniest of my sidewalk and driveway cracks?

I think if you reflect on certain decisions you've made over the course of your life you will find the answer as to what things grow in your cracks and why...

;)

38 minutes ago, Ralph T. Mooseknuckle said:

Who the hell is Eddie Money?  Or is that John Eddy? :huh:

I miss John Eddie. He hasn't been out west in several years. Next time I'm in Maryland, I'm making the drive to where ever he's playing so I can get my fix.

• Awesome 1

• 2 years later...