April 15 miles & such

bikeman564™

2 1/2 miles on the mt. bike Once around the loop at the lake. Had intended to go a bit further but my knee started acting up, so I made one loop and called it good.

This trail was originally made for horses, very few people actually ride horses on it, but every once in a while somebody does. It would be nice of them to pickup the horse poop, like the dog walkers do.  :angry:

Had to wash the tires before bringing the bike back in the house.  :(

• Heart 2

44 miles at 16.8 average. Another windy day. Had a chance to ride alone so I figured I would do my thing.  Then Bad Bob saw me and turned around to join me for a while. He asked me to hold up so he could catch up. So we rode and chatted for about 5 miles into the wind. That's tough! :P With the wind today, not a bad average. Then on the way back I was rolling. One of those strange winds, cross wind I guess. I could see the leaves blowing with me in my direction but wow, sure felt like a headwind. Ran into Mark halfway back. He asked me to stop for a chat. I did then after 15 minutes or so, I got back on for the last 7 miles or so and man my legs had cooled down and were stiff. Took a bit to get rolling again. :huh:

Bikinis are coming! :hapydance: Nice day but not hot enough for the "BIKINIS"! So here is a little teaser of what's to come this Summer. :P

DSCN4335.JPG

• Heart 3

25 minutes ago, RalphWaldoMooseworth said:

So you can never move, just like my neighbor who built his shed on township property. :D

That would never come close to passing inspection around here. I had to have an industrial strength deck by the time they were done with my. Contractor's prints.

6.5 very windy miles. 

Wo46 and I were planning on riding more but we stopped at my mom's house at 3:30 and she had dinner cooking. So we got suckered into eating dinner with her. 

She enjoyed the company, I had a good meal but who the hell eats dinner at 4:00 

• Heart 3

5 minutes ago, BR46 said:

6.5 very windy miles. 

Wo46 and I were planning on riding more but we stopped at my mom's house at 3:30 and she had dinner cooking. So we got suckered into eating dinner with her. 

She enjoyed the company, I had a good meal but who the hell eats dinner at 4:00 

Awesome. :)

• Heart 2

10 hours ago, RalphWaldoMooseworth said:

So you can never move, just like my neighbor who built his shed on township property. :D

I have no idea what the rules are. Technically, I replaced an existing deck...and this one is built well above code.

BUT,  this is also the town where I got scolded for not getting a building permit to replace windows, so who the hell knows.:huh:

• Heart 1

12 hours ago, Longjohn said:

Did you get a permit to build that?

They don't even know how to spell permit in that part of the world.?

• Heart 1

1 hour ago, F_in Ray Of Sunshine said:

I have no idea what the rules are. Technically, I replaced an existing deck...and this one is built well above code.

BUT,  this is also the town where I got scolded for not getting a building permit to replace windows, so who the hell knows.:huh:

I replaced an existing deck but my contractor said he couldn't chance working without a permit. I should see if I can find pictures from before the decking was added. They made us change the girder to two two by twelves. I could drive a truck across my deck.

6 hours ago, Zackny said:

They don't even know how to spell permit in that part of the world.?

Naw, "permit" is what you have to get when you replace old windows with new, energy efficient ones....but don't have to get if you want to live in a 35' camper - even if it's two adults, two kids and two dogs....and no sewer.:huh:

• Heart 1

2 hours ago, F_in Ray Of Sunshine said:

Naw, "permit" is what you have to get when you replace old windows with new, energy efficient ones....but don't have to get if you want to live in a 35' camper - even if it's two adults, two kids and two dogs....and no sewer.:huh:

We must have the same codes officers.....

• Heart 1