Baby shower

goldendesign

20 minutes ago, petitepedal said:

What is the due date again?   Is everything ready?   Do you have everything you need for the first...3 months?

One of the guys who did my flooring is a new daddy..and he is still glowing!!  And so amazed at how much she is growing!!

Due date is in first week of July, probably the 7th since it will be an induced labor we have it scheduled for the 5th and the Doctors told us it takes typically 48++ hours.

Most of the babies room is ready, albeit not setup. I still need to: paint and then move everything in, replace the fan in the room, add a LED strip night light to the crown molding, finish the co-sleeper for our bedroom, and probably more "labor" projects I'm missing.

In regards to stuff our friends and co-workers were very generous. We have received about half of the things on our registry list. Most of the others are not "dire" with exception to maybe a half dozen items. We will slowly acquire them as the due date approaches and funds become available.

In case anyone is feeling particularly gift giving

;)

For the excitement I for one am very excited. It was a marvel at the shower since a lot of my friends have children from newborn to toddler so I got to play and hold them and it only brought on a renewed sense of willingness. Derya is a little hesitant and nervous but I think with the additional hormones and the fact she is always the more responsible one she feels the weight of the responsibility more than I.

• Heart 2

Showering babies is nice, but they really need a good power washing. You will notice that after the first few diaper changes!

Congrats again! Get sleep now, 'cause you will not have it for the next year and a half! 

• Heart 4

On ‎5‎/‎7‎/‎2017 at 11:20 AM, goldendesign said:

Due date is in first week of July, probably the 7th since it will be an induced labor we have it scheduled for the 5th and the Doctors told us it takes typically 48++ hours.

I think it depends.  My daughter in law went in around sunup in March and had her twins in the afternoon induced labor.

• Heart 2