Okay boys.. What do you wear to the gym?

Wilbur

9 hours ago, KrAzY said:

I thought it could have been some dudes name... 

It is. I used to work with the guy. Jim Nasium filled out a lot of Maintenance work requests. 

Apparently he left about the same time I did.

As did his friends Drew P Weener, Faye Kiname, Bud Lyte, Stu Piddity, Al Kohol, Al Lergy, Myles Tugo.....

• Heart 3
  • Haha 1

I got to a nice new Gym right in my neighbourhood but I have noticed a recent influx of dudes in the free weight section.  I overheard a couple of them talking and it turns out the gym offers a summer package for students returning home. 

The styles though are right out of the NBA and the wearers don't seem to work that hard.  It is more like being seen at the gym than working out at a gym.   A kid yesterday was wearing black high tops, black leg warmers with long black shorts, a sleeveless black hoodie with full sleeve tattoos and Ray-Ban sunglasses.  He looked like a character out of Assassins Creed or something.  Too much effort for me.  

I like my shorts and a loose T-shirt.  I will wear cycling shorts if I intend to use a spin bike. 

24 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

I like my shorts and a loose T-shirt.  I will wear cycling shorts if I intend to use a spin bike. 

I used to wear cycling shorts for spin class but the class is only an hour and most of it is standing so I just wear gym shorts now.

T-shirt; or tank top when it's hot outside.  Running/basketball shorts.  Running shoes.  Low key.  Nothing fancy or colorful.  Unless it's a spin class, then I wear a tie-dyed t-shirt that looks really cool in the black light they use.  :whistle:   

• Heart 2

• 9 months later...
On ‎5‎/‎8‎/‎2017 at 1:32 PM, Wilbur said:

The styles though are right out of the NBA and the wearers don't seem to work that hard.  It is more like being seen at the gym than working out at a gym.   A kid yesterday was wearing black high tops, black leg warmers with long black shorts, a sleeveless black hoodie with full sleeve tattoos and Ray-Ban sunglasses.

You must go to the same gym as me. If I am still at the gym in the afternoon these guys show up and you described them perfectly except they wear long sleeve hoodies with the hood up. I have never seen them actually work out, sometime they walk over to a clipboard and write something down. I'm curious what they write, they didn't do anything?

• Heart 1

1 hour ago, Lettuce Prey said:

I recall that I once horrified my son as I wore three competing logos to the gym...Nike shorts, Under Armor shirt and New Balance shoes.  I only wish I had Adidas socks.

Nice one. I have some running shoes (don’t worry, they were last used many years ago) from Wilco - they’re an ulttra cheapskate shoppe, but I swear they’re as good as the branded stuff at many times the price.

I wear running shorts and a tech tee. 

12 minutes ago, pedalphile said:

Nice one. I have some running shoes (don’t worry, they were last used many years ago) from Wilco - they’re an ulttra cheapskate shoppe, but I swear they’re as good as the branded stuff at many times the price.

I have found there to be a big difference in quality. A few years back, Brooks had a clearance on some of their "team" gear at the end of a season. I bought a long-sleeved shirt. One of the most comfortable shirts I have ever worn! I bought a sleeveless version in the same fabric for warmer weather. Doesn't feel like I'm wearing anything...