I need to start somewhere

Square Wheels

43 minutes ago, 2Far said:

No he won't. He gets up to pee, like every 12 1/2 minutes.

He has a fridge in to bathroom to keep his cereal milk cold. 

My first home had a place for laundry in the bathroom but we had a laundry room so we used that space for a freezer. Came in handy when you are taking a bath and decide you want a popsicle.

• Heart 3

1 minute ago, Zephyr said:

What do you eat?

There is a difference between being hungry and being not-full.  You just have to convince your brain which is which.  

Almost anything is fair game.  Usually cereal or toast.  I'm never hungry.  Rarely I'll just have some water instead.

I just need to stop cold turkey, so today is the day.

• Heart 1

You actually make stuff?  Wow, this may be harder than I thought.  Ever think it is a bit of the feedback loop and the 'water instead' is getting you up the next hour?

Remember these from the '70's?  Buy one and every night put it on the stairs spike side up.  You'll learn to go back to sleep.

If you must eat, go 'fruit first'.  Try and handful of grapes. They will fill you up pretty quick.

download (4).jpg

• Heart 1

5 minutes ago, Zephyr said:

You actually make stuff?  Wow, this may be harder than I thought.  Ever think it is a bit of the feedback loop and the 'water instead' is getting you up the next hour?

Remember these from the '70's?  Buy one and every night put it on the stairs spike side up.  You'll learn to go back to sleep.

If you must eat, go 'fruit first'.  Try and handful of grapes. They will fill you up pretty quick.

download (4).jpg

Yup, I'll make peanut butter and jelly sandwiches.  I'll cook toast.  I've made frozen waffles before.  Leftover pizza.  Again, just about anything.

I just need to stop, no excuses.  I'm on a 30 day @Randomguy like challenge.

1 hour ago, parodybot said:

square wheels.jpg

I peed in a dryer once, I might have been drunk.

• Heart 2

5 hours ago, Square Wheels said:

I have had the bad habit of eating during the middle of the night for as long as I can remember, at least 40 years, probably longer.  I am going to start tonight.  No more eating after I go to bed.  I hope to lose a fair amount of weight just by breaking this habit.

I am Groot

• Heart 3

5 hours ago, Zephyr said:

download (4).jpg

I think you need to get into mind control for the peeing.  Isn't one of your favourite sayings "Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you're right."?

• Heart 1

23 minutes ago, RalphWaldoMooseworth said:

Pee upstairs, dammit!

I do, then I head downstairs.

20 minutes ago, RalphWaldoMooseworth said:

I think you need to get into mind control for the peeing.  Isn't one of your favourite sayings "Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you're right."?

If it were only that simple.  This has been a 14+ year problem.  Seen many docs, taken many drugs, had a few surgeries.  Constant pain.  Makes running, riding and just living pretty difficult.

22 minutes ago, Square Wheels said:

If it were only that simple.  This has been a 14+ year problem.  Seen many docs, taken many drugs, had a few surgeries.  Constant pain.  Makes running, riding and just living pretty difficult.

My home 'speriments have led me to believe that if I sleep soundly, no or very little waking to pee.  Plus, I am convinced that I just have to pee when I wake up , well, just because I am awake!  RR, how is your 'speriment going?  I need to get my sleep apnea fixed.

6 minutes ago, Zephyr said:

Hey, @Square Wheels, we need an update.  How'd last night go?

1 down!  I ate dinner (late), had a small applesauce before bed, then nothing all night.

I brought up some painters tape and put an X over the door to remind me not to go down.

I just need to break the habit.  I'd love to lose 15 pounds between now and June 17.

• Heart 3

8 hours ago, Square Wheels said:

1 down!  I ate dinner (late), had a small applesauce before bed, then nothing all night.

Curious how circumstances work out.

I wonder if your knee had stayed healthy whether you would have had the time or inclination to start this new goal, or whether you would have remained so focused on running that this would never have come up.

Consider: in which case would you have better long-term health - a good knee and completing the Mt. Washington run, or a knee issue but having broken the habit of eating in the middle of the night?

I'm disposed to think you're better off long term having shaken the midnight eating habit.

1 hour ago, Thaddeus Kosciuszko said:

Curious how circumstances work out.

I wonder if your knee had stayed healthy whether you would have had the time or inclination to start this new goal, or whether you would have remained so focused on running that this would never have come up.

Consider: in which case would you have better long-term health - a good knee and completing the Mt. Washington run, or a knee issue but having broken the habit of eating in the middle of the night?

I'm disposed to think you're better off long term having shaken the midnight eating habit.

I will only accept both!

• Heart 3