Weekend plans....this weekend before Memorial Day

petitepedal

I was going on a nine day vacation with BuffCarla but her 95 year old grandma passed away today. I think the plan is for me to go to the Delaware and Maryland shore and come back in time for the Memorial Service later next week. I cancelled the 3 nights at the Washington Grand Hyatt. 

15 hours ago, BuffJim said:

I was going on a nine day vacation with BuffCarla but her 95 year old grandma passed away today. I think the plan is for me to go to the Delaware and Maryland shore and come back in time for the Memorial Service later next week. I cancelled the 3 nights at the Washington Grand Hyatt. 

Sorry to hear that.  Extend my best wishes to BuffCarla.

5 minutes ago, maddmaxx said:

Sorry to hear that.  Extend my best wishes to BuffCarla.

Thanks - turns out she was 96. On Tuesday BuffCarla was told that her grandma probably had a week left, so she had already decided not to go with me on the trip. Once I've mentally committed to vacation, its hard for me to unplan it, which is why I'm going to the beach by myself. But I had no interest in spending 3 days alone in DC.

Sorry to hear about your MIL. Enjoy the shore while you're there.

today is our 27 year anniversary. We're having dinner but not together, we'll text pics of each other's dinner. 

Tomorrow is a metric century in Madison county VA. Backroads in the Blue Ridge foothills should be fun.

Sunday meeting with my siblings and our Mom to discuss what needs to be done with her condo before listing it for sale.

• Heart 2

Date night tonight with WoW. Not sure where, yet. 

Tomorrow - yard work in the day. Supposed to do a GRIN ride in the evening, but the weatherman is not being cooperative. 

Sunday - Hoping to get a ride in. Supposed to be sunny and 60s

I'm just trying to finish up some projects I've been working around at home because next week is Graham's last week of school and we are off camping memorial day weekend.

Going to dinner tonight to celebrate our 15 year anniversary. Tomorrow going to plant some of the gardens, oil changes in both vehicles, ride my bike and other chores. Sunday after church going to visit my brother for a bit and then hit Wegmans. 

Hang a new box for a ceiling fan in son's bedroom

Work on an Eagle Scout project with other son for a boy in his troop

Go to Richardson Wildflower festival with my wife.  (drink, dance and act a fool)

Church

Service project with our community group

Cub Scout picnic in the park