What Cycling Mags Do You Read (I mean some of us ride right???)

ChrisL

I actually let all my subscriptions lapse last year but I really like Mountain Bike Action and Road Bike Action.  As DH noted I like to geek out on bikes and equipment and really don't want to read about races and riders as I have the internet for that.  I held a subscription to Velonews/Velo for decades but their reporting became a little bit too in depth for me.  I get why they did it but I really don't want to read a 3 page article on the goings on of Team Sky.  Still a great rag IMHO but not what I'm looking for in a cycling magazine but I do love their website. 

What cycling mags do you like? 

None anymore. They fail to hold my interest like they once did. Working at an LBS part time exposes me to all the new stuff so I don't need a magazine for that. The inter webs is part to blame for this also. Racing isn't interesting after the ongoing doping sagas. The cheating will never end because of the money involved.

I get Bicycling.  I am just a few years into my road cycling life and where I tend to hate people, I have always ridden alone.  The problem with this is I have no one to mentor me or help with issues, so I get it from the magazine, although it seems to be getting quite a bit more hipster now.  Unlike Chris and DH, I tend to not 'geek out" on gear and dislike the equipment issues the most as my ADHD kicks in and I get bored

I usually check the mags before the TdF as some of them do detailed info on each stage and I like the background info.

• Heart 2

6 minutes ago, az_cyclist said:

I still subscribe to Bicycling

I don't mean this in a derogatory manner but Bicycling was perfect bathroom material....  Read a couple of quick articles while doing your business and get back to it when you return....  That's why I kept my subscription for so long...  

• Heart 1

34 minutes ago, ChrisL said:

I don't mean this in a derogatory manner but Bicycling was perfect bathroom material....  Read a couple of quick articles while doing your business and get back to it when you return....  That's why I kept my subscription for so long...  

It is good for a read on a flight too.