I have come to the conclusion...

Wilbur

4 hours ago, maddmaxx said:

Whoh.  Strong words.  Not just a douchnozzle but a cliche version.

Further explanation is required Wilbur.  This has the makings of a fun story.

If the Kardashians had roid-junkie bodies and carried on like a WWF tag team in an America VS Russia battle, it would be about 1/2 the show value of two idiots at the gym yesterday. :)  

• Heart 3

There are girls half my size that could hang a serious whooping on me at my gym. I try not to stare when some 120 lb chick is doing 30 lb seated dumbell curls.

Some of the so called trainers leave a lot to be desired though. I've watched one guy leading newbies through circuit training, all the while texting on his phone. if I was his boss, we'd be having words.

But to my real beef. NOBODY PUTS THE DAMN WEIGHTS BACK WHERE THEY BELONG!!!

• Heart 1

I haven't been to a gym in many years.  I used to go a lot.  Then I realized I could buy my own equipment, work out at home whenever I want, and never have to deal with the gymites.  Looking back on that decision, it was worth every penny.        :nodhead: 

• Heart 2

3 hours ago, Wilbur said:

If the Kardashians had roid-junkie bodies and carried on like a WWF tag team in an America VS Russia battle, it would be about 1/2 the show value of two idiots at the gym yesterday. :)  

There was a 40+ish woman we nicknamed Elvira. Full make-up, all black spandex, some gawd awful perfume. She'd be on the stairmaster, sweat running underneath the make-up and no one within 15' of her because of the perfume. 

I was part of our local Y for a while and it wasn't douchy at all but it wasn't worth it for me.  I hit the gym often in the military and as a cop but I went to places mostly frequented by my type and it was pretty cool.  No attitudes. 

6 hours ago, Road Runner said:

I haven't been to a gym in many years.  I used to go a lot.  Then I realized I could buy my own equipment, work out at home whenever I want, and never have to deal with the gymites.  Looking back on that decision, it was worth every penny.        :nodhead: 

And you don't have to wear pants.               When I got to the Y this morning and went inside to sign in there was some kind of class going on with a bunch of hot bodies. They looked like they were having fun and they were very easy on the eyes. That probably goes on at my gym but you don't see it if you are not in that class. The only class that happens out in the open are the water classes and arthritis class. These are mostly overweight old women and a few overweight old men. The only thing weird in the main gym is the noobs that think their way of working out is somehow superior to the was the equipment is designed to be used. They are short term usually.

• Heart 1

21 hours ago, Wilbur said:

If you want to see a plethora of cliche dooshnozzles, one need go no further than a local gym.  

Maybe it's just the locale in general.?

• Heart 1