Do You Married Folks Celebrate Anniversaries?

ChrisL

My wife and I just had our 24th married, 30th together and we had a quiet dinner together.   However my brother and his current wife are celebrating 10 years married and are having a huge party tonight..... I can't say we've ever had an anniversary party and can't think of ever attending one previously.  

The big 25 is coming up next year, should we have a party?!?!? 

• Heart 3

1 minute ago, Wilbur said:

Of the 34 we have had, I have been home for less than half of them.  We either make or go out for dinner with the kids.  Last year, they even picked up the tab. :)   We have never done anything big to celebrate.  Congrats on 24 years Chris!

Thanks, likewise on 34! 

• Heart 2

Actually, thanks for the reminder. Our anniversary is this coming Thursday!

We have done less and less to celebrate stuff as time goes by. Kind of a shame if you ask me, but he doesn't seem interested. Next year will be 35 years. I'd like to say we will do something for it, but who knows.

Happy Anniversary, ChrisL

• Heart 2

We usually go out to a joint that is "nicer" than we would normally go. ie: better than Subway

August will be 24. Guess we better start thinking about what to do on 25. 

One year we had dinner at the 50 yd line of my college alma mater. Select donors hosted at a party. It was fun. If a bit chilly. Some of the women came dressed for cocktails. Late they pulled the table cloths off to use as a wrap. I think they moved it inside shortly after. 

never had a party for our ann, but we only do the (go somewhere together fun) for our every 15 year one... other then that.. it is another day just like a birthday.. nothing really to celebrate unless it is the big ones! 

We threw a big party for my M & FIL when they reached 40.

We used to go out, now I try to make something a bit special, or at least get a better to go meal.

I try to always keep flowers on the table, so buying flowers isn't a special.

We're coming on 30 some, I've lost track.

• Heart 1

We try to get out for a nice dinner, but haven't done anything lavish.  Just celebrated 25 married (Feb), 30 together (last Fall).  Maybe once Hellion is off to university, we will take a vacation or something, but we're not what you would call "party people."

• Heart 2

Impeccable timing on this topic. We had our 14th anniversary on Thursday, and went out for a nice dinner this evening to celebrate.

In the past, we have celebrated in more exotic locations. we were in Venice for our second, Athens for the 11th.

If my first marriage has survived, I would hit 40 years in October.

• Heart 1

Today just happens to be our 40th anniversary. We are going to Ruth Chris Steak House for supper.

Last month we went to Hawaii and did a half marathon to celebrate. We also did a lot of tourist stuff also.

We told our kids to wait until our 50th to have a party.

• Heart 3

I celebrated mine by not doing or saying a damn thing to her.  

That said, I don't know that I would want a party.  It seems that the anniversary is between the two members of the couple and not extended friends and family.  It seems downright weird and wrong to have a big shindig, it would seem more important for the sake of appearance rather than a celebration between two people.  Everybody isn't the same, though, some people just like parties.

On 5/21/2017 at 9:18 AM, JerrySTL said:

Today just happens to be our 40th anniversary. We are going to Ruth Chris Steak House for supper.

Last month we went to Hawaii and did a half marathon to celebrate. We also did a lot of tourist stuff also.

We told our kids to wait until our 50th to have a party.

Congratulations on your 40th. This year would have been my 40th if the first wife and I had stuck it out.

As it is, my current wife and I will have to make it to 87 and 89 respectively to hit that mark.