DADoKzoo passed last night

Kzoo

95 strong years of life.  He had his surgery 2 weeks ago tomorrow.  He was in ICU for a week.  He had a very small heart attack last Wednesday - he never felt it with the narcotics.  He never recovered his complete ability to swallow after surgery.  There was concern of aspiration (sp) and the need for a feeding tube to get him to rehab and then it quickly turned in to stabilizing his new chest congestion to get him to hospice.  At every turn his body took those decisions from us.  He was never in pain since the operation and was clear headed most of the time.  The heart attack did no immediate damage to his heart but the cardiologist said that with his stress to was probably a downward spiral.  He was out on a morphine drip his last 30 hours and peacefully stopped breathing yesterday evening. 

I'm so sorry to hear this.  95 years is a full life but I'm sure that doesn't make today any easier.  I'm glad you were able to share so many years with him.  Wishing you and your family strength to get through these days.

• Heart 2