How many of you have thought about giving up circling?

jsharr

I have done that before, or something like it.  Once in Iowa, I was driving on a rainy night and couldn't see a median.  It was a low one, though, and apparently there used to be a reflector there.  The cop said "We stopped replacing it because people kept hitting it every time it rained".  Good choice, don't bother warning people about the invisible median, and instead cause a couple of thousand dollars in damage.

• Heart 1

4 minutes ago, Randomguy said:

I have done that before, or something like it.  Once in Iowa, I was driving on a rainy night and couldn't see a median.  It was a low one, though, and apparently there used to be a reflector there.  The cop said "We stopped replacing it because people kept hitting it every time it rained".  Good choice, don't bother warning people about the invisible median, and instead cause a couple of thousand dollars in damage.

Serves you right for going to a God Forsaken place like Iowa.

• Heart 2

For a few years, our city only had 1 roundabout. It is in a newer housing development I bike commute through. For the most part it works out ok. I have had a couple do left turns right at me. The last time was last summer. I had a tailwind so I was going between 20-25 mph when he did this. I had to pull hard on the brakes and swerve to the curb. I simply yelled "wrong way" which triggered an amazing string of expletives from him as well as swinging a wrench out the window!

Earlier last summer an impatient driver of a semi truck decided not to wait for a left turn to the commercial street and instead decided to turn right following me to our neighborhood. Not ideal, but he would have been ok if he had followed me. We had one car ahead going a bit slow. Mr Impatient decided to turn onto the street with the roundabout! The was no way he was going to get through there because he would have to go through 270 degrees of it! 

I pulled over for a bit to watch. Sure enough, he had to stop. He thought it over for a bit before deciding discretion was the better part of valor and backed down the curving lane!

6 hours ago, Randomguy said:

learn to drive, you GD tourist :angry: