How many of you have thought of giving up driving?

Caretaker

I know I have, many times.

I don't enjoy driving, I see it just as a means to an end. Living in a city I could easily get round by bike, public transport (free for people my age) or on foot. 

The reason I don't go 'car free' is simple.....family commitments.

I love driving.  I do feel sorry though for those of you who have to drive in city traffic.  I've done everything from 17 hour grinds behind the wheel and 180 mile jaunts for lunch to 8 second trips at almost 200 mph.  I will hate it when they take my keys away.  

• Heart 2

I hate driving with a passion, it is only a means to get to a location.  If I could do it without driving, I will.  I just don't understand how it can be fun, and if you have the fastest car in the world, you still have speed limits and it would still suck after a while.

Not really possible for me but with the proliferation of companies like Uber & Lyft it could be doable for many people.  Just hitch a ride when needed.  When you factor car note, insurance, gas & maintenance there could be a case to be made for calling uber when needed.

Nope.  My life is too full right now.  I don't like driving, it is a waste of my time, and I don't think they'd let me on the bus with my stinky hockey and/or dive gear

They day they finally invent the Star Trek transport thingy, will be the last day I drive anywhere

• Heart 2

The limitations of the inadequate transportation around most U.S. cities, including mine, prohibit me from ever considering it.  I'm 66 and, having seen how badly some of my 80+ year-old neighbors and relatives have driven, I'm praying that heavily-assisted-driving cars are available in 14 years and onward to help me parallel park, no go over white of yellow lane lines, avoid driving over curbs, etc.