I wish some of you people lived closer

Dirtyhip

Not some of you people....ALL of you people!  

I need people to ride bikes with.  I'm lonely and tired of riding alone.

It's rare to find someone that wants to ride cross.  Also, it is tough to find people that want to head out and grind up hills just to get elevation.  

Kinda bummed out and tired of training alone.

• Heart 1

I love riding alone, on the bike and commuting in the car is the only quiet time I ever get.

I'd ride with you now and then, just keep that OG crap to yourself.  When you start sprouting totino's out of your garden we can talk.

Few months with me and we'll get the remaining hippie crap out of you,

Riding with other people is difficult, and hard to sync up.  Either you are more fit and have to slow down for someone, or you are gasping for breath trying to keep up with a cat1.  It is fun when you can manage it, but it is nice to not have anyone trying to change the route or stop for extended periods or just be a general pain in the ass.  I imagine the wife will be easier to ride with than most, but sometimes it is nice to just do your own thing on the bike.  That said, mountain biking is more fun with others.  <shrug>

I don't mind riding alone.  My wife can't ride with me but she doesn't like me riding alone.  Most of my riding is by myself anyway.  It is hard to match fitness levels and riding skills.  I did a couple tours this year with a lady that was slow but steady.  If it wasn't for the good conversations and the view (she looked really good in spandex) I think I would have rode off and dropped her.  My club rides sort of turned into a race and I was at least twenty years older than the next oldest rider, they wore me out.  The club rides fizzled out this year, I think because people don't like to get dropped, especially if they don't know where they are.