My Day off is hardly a day off

Kirby

I'm not going into work tomorrow because Ill be  waiting for my new mattress delivery,  But since I'm home, I also scheduled the cable company to come.  They're upgrading all the cable at my condo, but they need to come into each condo to do the rewiring.  But worse, they have to access all the cable connections which means I had to move all sorts of stuff.  I sweat I'm already exhausted and would probably have a more relaxing day at the office.

On top of that, I just realized I didn't measure how thick my new mattress is.  Since they suggested keeping the old box springs, I did.  But the box spring is low profile, so if the new mattress isn't as thick as my old one, my new bed may be pretty  short.  Tomorrow should be interesting.

• Heart 1

2 minutes ago, Kirby said:

On top of that, I just realized I didn't measure how thick my new mattress is.  Since they suggested keeping the old box springs, I did.  But the box spring is low profile, so if the new mattress isn't as thick as my old one, my new bed may be pretty  short.

It shouldn't be more than a couple inches different.  Most new mattresses are thicker than the old ones or are at least as thick.  In my experience, anyway.  Good luck, Kirby.  :)

• Heart 1

1 minute ago, Kirby said:

I figure if it's noticeably shorter, I can always get a mattress topper.

I'm 6'2", and I have to climb up on our bed.  WofTy has to use a little stool to step up on it.  That's with a box spring, mattress, and two toppers.  I hate it but who am I?  :runcirclsmiley:

• Heart 2

52 minutes ago, tybeegb said:

I'm 6'2", and I have to climb up on our bed.  WofTy has to use a little stool to step up on it.  That's with a box spring, mattress, and two toppers.  I hate it but who am I?  :runcirclsmiley:

I sort of have to do the Fosbury Flop to get in bed. :D  We kept the water bed drawers as a base, so with our new superthick mattress it is quite tall!  Mrs. RWM uses a step stool.

• Heart 2

My elderly cat who isn't as limber at jumping as he used to be, climbs up my current bed like he's climbing a mountain - claws digging in as he drags himself up the side.

• Heart 1

1 hour ago, Kirby said:

I'm not going into work tomorrow because Ill be  waiting for my new mattress delivery,  But since I'm home, I also scheduled the cable company to come.  They're upgrading all the cable at my condo, but they need to come into each condo to do the rewiring.  But worse, they have to access all the cable connections which means I had to move all sorts of stuff.  I sweat I'm already exhausted and would probably have a more relaxing day at the office.

On top of that, I just realized I didn't measure how thick my new mattress is.  Since they suggested keeping the old box springs, I did.  But the box spring is low profile, so if the new mattress isn't as thick as my old one, my new bed may be pretty  short.  Tomorrow should be interesting.

Things will be just fine 'cuz you are Kirby!

• Heart 1

17 minutes ago, RalphWaldoMooseworth said:

Temperpedic. :nyanya:

I have nothing to do with foam mattresses. But in the big corporation that I work for there's a foam plant somewhere that probably makes the insides for them.

9 hours ago, Kirby said:

I recently was dreading spending the day waiting on the satellite guy to show up and install a new router and adjust my dish to the new satellite. He was supposed to come between 8am and 11am. I am usually up at 4am and at 7:55 he pulled in the driveway. He was finished by 8:45, yay, I had the whole day to play.

• Heart 1

1 hour ago, Longjohn said:

I never realized you worked at a mattress factory.  I always wanted a job as a mattress tester. :nodhead:

I'm still looking for that part of the factory 

• Heart 1

8 hours ago, BR46 said:

If you bought a queen size inerspring mattress it would only keep me employed for about 7 minutes. 

Thank you for staying late for that extra 7 minutes for my new mattress!

• Heart 2

12 hours ago, Kirby said:

Since they suggested keeping the old box springs, I did.

We bought a new Tempurpedic about a year ago.  Very expensive.  They forced us to buy a new box spring and though there really are no springs in it.  It's a solid platform that really can't fail.  They told us they would not warranty the mattress without the matching box spring.  They were so picky with that mattress.  When they installed it they took pics of our bed frame to ensure it met the requirements to be warrantied.

11 hours ago, Kirby said:

My elderly cat who isn't as limber at jumping as he used to be, climbs up my current bed like he's climbing a mountain - claws digging in as he drags himself up the side.

When our cat was getting older we bought some steps for her so she could get up on the bed with us.  She's gone now, but our other two cats are 10.  One sleeps with us.  I suspect she'll be needing the steps in a few years.

Mattress delivered - yay!  It may be a bit shorter than the other one, but the height is fine.    Now I just have to put back all the stuff I moved for the cable guys. 

Well my day just became unexpectedly more productive.  The condo is also requiring everyone have their dryer vents cleaned (at the condo's expense).  But I never use my dryer so I didn't want to take a day off for this.  Shortly after the mattress guys left, my door rang and the dryer vent guy was looking for someone with a very similar  name.  After some confusing discussion, he realized he was supposed to go to one of my neighbors instead.  I told him I knew I didn't schedule it because I never use my dryer and he said he could come in and do a quick 2 minute check since I didn't need it cleaned.  So now I don't have to worry about nagging notes from the condo and I have one more "to do" to-done.   :skipping:

• Heart 1

1 minute ago, Longjohn said:

Every time I checked my dryer vent it was clean as a whistle and we use our dryer a lot.  I don't know how they get clogged up.  I'm guessing people don't take the lint out of their filter?

Huh. "Clean your dryer vent" and "empty your lint filter" are two euphemisms I'd not heard before.

• Heart 1

3 minutes ago, Longjohn said:

Every time I checked my dryer vent it was clean as a whistle and we use our dryer a lot.  I don't know how they get clogged up.  I'm guessing people don't take the lint out of their filter?

Maybe some people leave the filter out?  I guess some lint gets past the filter and over much time, especially in condos where the exhaust is possibly long and twisty, the lint finds a place to snag on and just builds up.  My mother had her exhaust line clog up at her condo.  The exhaust was about twenty feet long.