Have you used an out house ?

Further

Not a plastic porta-pottty but an honest to goodness wooden shack over a hole in the ground?

Many camps I've been to used an out house.

My Grandmothers house had an adaption of the out house. Instead of a shack over a hole in the ground, they had two hole seat over a big wooden box on the far side of the wood shed. Walking through the wood shed was preferable to trudging through the snow. And dragging a box of poop across the field to dump over the hill was easier than digging holes.

58 minutes ago, Further said:

Not a plastic porta-pottty but an honest to goodness wooden shack over a hole in the ground?

Many camps I've been to used an out house.

My Grandmothers house had an adaption of the out house. Instead of a shack over a hole in the ground, they had two hole seat over a big wooden box on the far side of the wood shed. Walking through the wood shed was preferable to trudging through the snow. And dragging a box of poop across the field to dump over the hill was easier than digging holes.

Of course!  

Yes...2 of my uncles had cabins with out houses...and another friend briefly owned a place with a 2 seater...side by side :D  When I went to Tennessee hill country in the early 1980's my mom warned me that Grandpa probably still had an out house...but fortunately for me...he now had a flushie....I prefer flushies :skipping: