Booking flights

Airehead

I try kayak first, and then go to the official airline site for the airline I think has the best flights.  Or you could ask Wilbur if you could borrow the dirigible.

• Heart 2

17 minutes ago, Kirby said:

I try kayak first, and then go to the official airline site for the airline I think has the best flights.  Or you could ask Wilbur if you could borrow the dirigible.

The last guy I lent it to wrecked it! :angry:  Now he won't even visit us. :(  

• Heart 4

Google flights for a first look. Then kayak. Then see how much I can put on my Alaska air miles. 

Boy that must be a 20 hr flight. Upgrade to 1st class. You will not regret it. Stay away from United. We flew back from Europe on SAS. United on the last leg from Chicago to portland. Worst flight i think I've ever taken. The FA's rushed everyone on, sat down and we were airborne. They were unorganized and not very friendly

edit:  with that schedule 2Far put up I would overnight on the West coast. That is a long time in the air. Does Quantas still fly?

'nother edit: yes Quantas does fly. I would break your trip into a flight to the West Coast, then a flight over. Clark Howard says it's cheaper to Hawaii doing that. No idea on Aus. Looks like you can do it RT (from LAX) for about $5k. That is Business Class. Sorry  that is each. So $10k

Screenshot 2017-05-24 19.27.24.png

• Heart 1

I've used Kayak.  If you are flexible on the exact date try many different requests for starting and returning dates and length of stay.  Stay outside of holiday windows if possible.  There can be huge differences in price for just a couple of days worth of changes.

Remember though that the cheap seats are really horrible on long flights.  JFK to Taiwan on a 17 hour flight in coach, even on a good airline, can feel like the anti room of hell.

• Heart 1

Airline websites. For London I use Cityjet who fly to London City Airport and for flights to mainland Europe and Canary Islands I check Ryanair and Aerlingus.

In the past have used Virgin via London for Cuba.

• Heart 1