Have you ever used a road side?

bikeman564™

The first marathon I did I was shocked by the number of people who dropped thier shorts and peed on the side of the road in front of thousands of spectators and runners.  Both men & women, no shame at all.  I guess standing in the chute for an hour before the run did them in...  Not so surprised to see it in subsequent marathons.....

6 minutes ago, Longjohn said:

Yep I still don't see the fascination with wearing bibs. I have some but I much prefer shorts.

They make for a closer fit and don't slip down. On the minus side they are inconvenient if you need to shit urgently. I have one pair but don't normally bring them when touring for this reason and wear padded lycra shorts with an elasticated waist. 

• Heart 1

1 minute ago, F_in Ray Of Sunshine said:

Three words: "no plumber's crack"

I guess it depends on your body type or brand of shorts, I have never had that problem. The other problem I have with bibs is getting them tall enough. I can wear any shorts with the correct waist size, bibs are difficult to find with a long body.

1 minute ago, F_in Ray Of Sunshine said:

It isn't your problem - it's the people behind you.

Regular shorts are ok, but they can gap/sag a little in the small of my back. Couple that with a a jersey riding up and my OCD...and I prefer bibs.

Who's behind me? I'm 67 years old, nobody behind me. :scratchhead:

• Heart 3

That's why I eat sushi the night before a race, and coffee before I ride. Helps take care of business right away so I don't have to worry about it later. 

My cold gear kit I bought last fall was my first bibs. Previously all my summer gear had been elastic waist. My only issue with the elastic waist is they sometimes roll under my belly bulge. There are only a couple routes where a roadside stop becomes necessary. Once the corn gets tall enough, you can hide. This time of year, not so much...