Kinda screwed

Dottleshead

So yesterday i jumped into my old truck but the engine, buddy, she ain't turning. I had just driven 30 miles into the city for my doctors appt and 35 minutes later everything is dead. I am in a parking garage and can't see dook and grab a slip of a shop that worked on it from the glove box. Get a jump and hear clicking noises and dash flashes and truck fails to start. A couple days before holiday weekend and i need to get this towed to shop.

Call shop and confirm they can take it -- they can squeeze me in -- but realize it's a Ford dealership and not the other shop that worked on it before. It's also the most expensive burb in the city. But they could take it and get it done most likely before weekend. 

The problem was it was pitch black in my truck which was in the parking garage and i was only able to locate the dealership receipt. I only had it worked on at one other shop and i couldn't remember their name or number. It was late and i needed to get the truck out of the garage and towed somewhere.  But now i have an undriveable truck sitting at one of the most expensive dealerships in town. And i am guessing the starter needs replacement. Can somebody please send me money??

10 minutes ago, 2Far said:

Your smart phone doesn't have a flashlight?

No speed dial for important numbers either.  Just floating along in life waiting to get screwed by previously unplanned on situations.  What can I say Dots.

Sorry, I spent any money I could have loaned you on a well.  :whistle:

• Heart 1

30 minutes ago, maddmaxx said:

No speed dial for important numbers either.  Just floating along in life waiting to get screwed by previously unplanned on situations.  What can I say Dots.

Sorry, I spent any money I could have loaned you on a well.  :whistle:

Or Google, Safari, Bing, yelp, etc., apparently.

Welcome to the 20th century. 

21 minutes ago, Thaddeus Kosciuszko said:

Oh for goodness sake! :rolleyes:

How can we do that unless you start a GoFundMe page, or something?  Those GoFundMe thingies have worked so well here in the past, too, with all kinds of contributions made to needy Forumites!

I thought that was our national health policy? 

2 hours ago, Further said:

So whats the story with the truck ? Loose battery terminal ?

Dealer said my battery cable broke. Also said my belt was bad and too small, the belt tensioner was frozen and water pump was leaking. $1100 + tax. When i heard water pump i smelled bullshit so i had my wife take the report back to the original shop and they said i need a new alternator and recommended replacing the tensioner for $650 + tax. So fuck them all. Truck is driveable so going to let it sit in driveway until i can find a trusted 3rd mechanic shop. Weasels.

• Heart 2

1 hour ago, Further said:

If you drive old vehicles, you have to carry AAA. When the truck breaks, you call for a tow, they take you and the truck home, and you can deal with the broken truck on your own terms, from your own driveway.  

Yes. But my coverage only covers 11 miles and i live 30+ miles out.