Holiday Weekend...Memorial Day and the OFFICIAL start of Summer...plans?

petitepedal

Bike ride today after work. A friend's son is being confirmed tonight and I am invited so I will go to that.

Saturday, work 10-6 at the LBS, eat dinner, and pack.

Sunday, drive to Ohio for the week. Plans include weeding, bike rides and drinking beer. I'm staying until Thursday then driving back to VA.

That is all.

Saturday - Work and hopefully we will get in our May GRIN Ride that was postponed from last weekend due to weather. Forecast is for rain! :(

Sunday - Watch F1 at Monaco, Indy 500 if it doesn't get rained out. Need to mow the yard. Try to get in a kayak ride or a run. 

Monday - Hopefully get in a ride in the morning. Spend some lazy time with WoW. 

weather outside is not delightful, it's <60°, cloudy, and dreary. Supposed to be better tomorrow. I'm hanging out w/a friend later today, haven't seen him in several weeks. We're hitting the slot car track for some fun then somewhere for eats. I plan to ride in the next few days.

Been on travel since Sunday so taking a 1/2 day today.   Family reunion tomorrow, chores, bike ride(s), goofing around and then back on the road Tuesday... I can't always do it but I like to take  a Memorial Day beach cruise.  I usually jump on my mtn bike and don't kit up and go for an easy 10 miler or such.  Yeah it's crowded but I always like to start off the summer with a casual bike ride at the beach. 

2 minutes ago, ChrisL said:

I usually jump on my mtn bike and don't kit up and go for an easy 10 miler or such.  Yeah it's crowded but I always like to start off the summer with a casual bike ride at the beach. 

Naked bike rides can be fun. :hapydance:

54 degrees and raining today.

• Heart 1

I have to go in today and actually work hard.  But then I have 3 days of bliss w/ wifey.  Supposed to be stellar weather here -- it's been since 1996 since we've had 3 days up in the PNW w/o rain and all 3 days look damn good.  I'd go hiking more but it's going to be a zoo out there.  Egad.  It means we'll probably be biking some.

• Heart 1

Tonight I will be working with Boy Scout Troop 295 putting out flags in our neighborhood.  

Saturday Morning I will be with Boy Scout Troop 1001 putting out more flags in our neighborhood.

Monday morning I will be with Boy Scout Troop 295 again, visiting local cemetaries and putting flags on the graves of all the known service members buried there.

We even have a few Confederate veterans that we place Confederate flags on their graves each year.

In between I hope to get new tires on my truck, mow my yard and help the boys mow the yard of a neighbor with a heart issue.

5 minutes ago, Longjohn said:

Are you still allowed to do that?  That's not PC, what will the snowflakes say?:runcirclsmiley:

This is Texas.  We do not allow the snowflakes to leave Austin.

One of the Scouts below is my youngest son honoring our fallen last year.

Image may contain: one or more people and outdoor

Image may contain: one or more people, sky and outdoor

• Heart 1

My brother has a large pool, though the water will be cold due to 60's-70's weather, where we'll be gathering for Memorial Day.  About 15-20 of us will be gathered together over steamed crabs, Johnson brats, burgers, various salads, beer and soda to talk about the latest family and friend news.

The official start of summer comes shortly before my June 22 rotator cuff operation, so I'll be recovering - though I think my only real problem will be which of the hoard of food I'll stock up I want to eat first!