Next Great Adventure

Zealot

Gonna throw this out there. Am planning on doing this trip in the fall of 2018.  Been talking about it for a while, but going to make it a reality if things hold out.

https://sacredrides.com/singletrackrides/utah/mesas

Have been itching to get back out west and I've been talking to these folks for a while.  

If there is enough interest they will schedule a private trip for a group. Anyone interested in maybe doing a forum group for a trip, or even meeting me on one of of the scheduled trips in October?  

This totally grabs me, part of the trip:

Yeah, its very different. I've ridden in the Rockies, northern CA, high Sierras, western desert and here in the eastern woodlands and Appachian mountains.  All unique. The desert was probably my favorite. That's what I want to do again.

Any way, it'll be a blast.

Just now, Thaddeus Kosciuszko said:

I'm glad to see you're considering October, because doing any long organized ride in April would be foolish.

:whistle:

I think in southeast Utah, we're covered in either month...

And hey, this is a hotel trip. 

:D

Been playing in these eastern woodlands most of my life. Ive had countless ticks. But I pull them off, use spray when i think about it and keep on plugging away. My guess is that anyone who has done serious back country adventuring has been bit by ticks that carry lyme.

I have been tested several times and it always came back negative.

2 minutes ago, Longjohn said:

It means I'm seriously thinking about it. Right now my wife is healthy, who knows about next year? Or next month for that matter.

Understood. That goes for all of us really. I'm planning on the trip; making arrangements. But life circumstances can always change.

1 minute ago, Longjohn said:

I was watching the video link you posted on my phone, I should go watch it on the big screen. I probably shouldn't do anything where I'll be breaking any more bones.

They do ask that you honestly appraise your skill set and fitness level. There's a rating system. I believe if you demonstrate that you don't possess the level required for the trip that for liability they can refuse.  It is mountain biking. 

5 minutes ago, Longjohn said:

That looks like a nice ride, I couldn't do it if they play that music, that sucked, I finally muted the sound to watch the rest of it. That looked a lot like what I used to race in only drier.

Yeah, I don't like their choices in music much either.  But riding in Nevada looked very much like that.

9 hours ago, Zealot said:

Been playing in these eastern woodlands most of my life. Ive had countless ticks.

Huh. Same here....except I've only ever had one tick. The dogs have had a few and Zoe had Lyme twice - once it went away on its own and once a round of antibiotics took care of it.

Going to play in the woods today, in fact.

• Heart 1

10 hours ago, Zealot said:

I'm beginning to feel that way here as well. Everything has been soaked for a week at least.

Stuff around here is often muddy all season. At once place, I've often asked "how the hell can a place on top of a hill, be a swamp?"

Even up north, where the soil is really sandy, there are areas that are gooey mudholes all season long. (With the added bonus of being really stinky  when you ride through because of the anaerobic breakdown going on).

• Heart 2

1 hour ago, F_in Ray Of Sunshine said:

Huh. Same here....except I've only ever had one tick. The dogs have had a few and Zoe had Lyme twice - once it went away on its own and once a round of antibiotics took care of it.

Going to play in the woods today, in fact.

One?  Possibly others that you didn't  realize were there?