This pisses me off.

Digital_photog

1 minute ago, maddmaxx said:

But he was such a good boy.  We don't want to see his life ruined.  (I suppose I will need to show the sarcasm emoji for those who can't tell)

Hands free isn't the answer.

If you're responding to me, I guess I should have included my sentiment that he should serve at least 10 years, or whatever the minimum is for manslaughter. Probably more for leaving the scene too.

1 hour ago, Square Wheels said:

If you're responding to me, I guess I should have included my sentiment that he should serve at least 10 years, or whatever the minimum is for manslaughter. Probably more for leaving the scene too.

My sentiment is heard all too often when young offenders are given excessively light sentences.  You are correct, this is and should be a jail time offense.

1 minute ago, F_in Ray Of Sunshine said:

The solution is profoundly simple. Make it so texting is disabled at any speed over 10 MPH.

The technology exists. The political will to make it happen doesn't.

I suspect that would go down like prohibition.  What's a few thousand deaths when something important like drinking/texting driving is in question.

1 minute ago, maddmaxx said:

What's a few thousand deaths when something important like drinking/texting driving is in question.

I have suggested this elsewhere and the hostility it was met with was unbelievable.

....and yet, somehow people have managed to drive cars for over a hundred years without talking on the phone or texting....