What the F were they thinking?

petitepedal

I read a management blog on a regular basis. One of the recurring themes is how dysfunctional a non-profit can become with a domineering ED or board. They are shocked, SHOCKED, when someone doesn't see the goodliness (sic) of their almighty vision. 

1 hour ago, 2Far said:

I read a management blog on a regular basis. One of the recurring themes is how dysfunctional a non-profit can become with a domineering ED or board. They are shocked, SHOCKED, when someone doesn't see the goodliness (sic) of their almighty vision. 

How could *anyone's* opinion differ from very rich, very powerful, or very isolated people?  How could we ever think that not occasionally asking rank-and-file Janes and Joes might reveal insightful answers?

I still don't understand an ego so powerful it can block out those ideas, and yet it happens all of the time.  It sounds like in this case, some people with what they thought were good intentions should have spoken with those they had those intentions for.  It's a good lesson for all of us to learn.

• Heart 1