Still snowed in

Scrapr

1 hour ago, sheep_herder said:

I don't know for certain, but they may still be working on opening some of the roads in Montana.  I know the recent storms caused some activity. 

Is your friend's son still on the police force in Miles City?  We have a close friend that just started on the force last autumn.

I don't know if he is still on the force. He was going back and forth to the Middle East as security. Lots more money I suppose. I don't see him on the roster of the MCPD. Last i heard he had bought a house in MC and was looking for a rental to buy as well. But if he was going to be gone for months at a time it might be a difficult staffing situ

I'll ask next time i talk/text

Cool - literally. ? 

There's a road here that follows the bottom of a deep ravine. It's narrow and twisty and the trees form a vegetable tunnel. It's only open seasonally. About halfway up, there's a gate.

It still said "closed" when I tried to go up it in May, a couple of years ago. All the snow elsewhere was long gone, so I said "Oh, that's stupid......I'm going up."

I got to the gate (where there were several young men parked in an SUV, looking mighty guilty - 'It's ok boys, you can exhale, I know what you're up to...") and went around the end.

I got about 50' up the road and around the first bend.

Then I turned around and went back down. :whistle:

Yeah, there was still 3' of snow on the road.

• Heart 1