Baked Tofu

petitepedal

About 2 weeks ago I purchase some tofu to bake...baked at least imparts some flavor :P and makes the tofu less mushy.  So I did a Thai recipe (didn't measure...but by guess) from the Moosewood Cookbook...and I decided to try using this raspberry chipolte sauce I got on my way home from the Great Adventure last summer...I think it might be good on chicken or ribs..as well... I have not tasted them yet...but they are done...but dang the clean up was nasty...the basic recipe from Moosewood Soy Sauce, a little oil and water I think...and the pan looks nasty but clean up was easy...these both had more sugar or honey in them and garlic bits....the clean up took forever :wacko:

I need to lose the weight and see if it helps my BP...on the plus..if the tofu is nasty....I will eat less :P

• Heart 1

22 minutes ago, petitepedal said:

I need to lose the weight and see if it helps my BP

I believe there are plenty of calories in tofu.  The only way to lose weight is to eat fewer calories than you burn, but you already knew that. :)

I hate trying to lose weight, or maintain my weight, and I hate going to the gym.  I want to sit on the couch like everyone else and watch TV and eat popcorn.  I don't, and it's a really hard choice.

• Heart 1

4 minutes ago, Square Wheels said:

The only way to lose weight is to eat fewer calories than you burn, but you already knew that.

This is a phenomenal blog post that throws a bit of water on that.  It will make you think a bit.  Still, you will lose some weight by eating fewer calories, this is true.  Still, it is better to optimize if you can, I wish I always did.

https://proteinpower.com/drmike/2011/05/06/why-we-get-fat/

16 minutes ago, Randomguy said:

This is a phenomenal blog post that throws a bit of water on that.  It will make you think a bit.  Still, you will lose some weight by eating fewer calories, this is true.  Still, it is better to optimize if you can, I wish I always did.

https://proteinpower.com/drmike/2011/05/06/why-we-get-fat/

Thanks, but I ain't reading all that.

For me what works is to make better food choices, and eat less.  I am down about 60 pounds for the very overweight me, I've stayed down for a while now.  I need to lose more and I know if I can stop with the candy, jelly beans, pasta, bread and cupcakes, I will lose the rest.

I heard a talk show host once make a comment like "it's not like I have a piece of cake every month...".  He also talked about the hiking, kayaking, climbing and other active sports he did.  I saw a pic of him, he was very fit.  He considered eating a treat once a month excessive.  I suspect most Americans eat a treat once a day, or at least once a week.

Again, for me what really works is good calories in < calories burned = weight loss.  The rest of you are screwed.

• Heart 1

18 minutes ago, Square Wheels said:

Thanks, but I ain't reading all that.

I am letting you know that this is brilliant, reasonably expressed, and insightful.  If I have ever posted anything that I think you would absorb with great interest and utility, this is it.  I know it is long, but in this instance, I am pretty certain you will at least be glad that you invested the time to read it.

18 minutes ago, Square Wheels said:

Again, for me what really works is good calories in < calories burned = weight loss.  The rest of you are screwed.

The calories in/out works to a large degree by deprivation of a different sort, that sort being a misery-squared kind of thing.   After I read that linked blog post several years back, I found another article about how the insulin pump is primed with sugar hitting your blood stream fast if you eat it first, setting the table for what follows to be absorbed as fat indiscriminately.  The article advised that protein be your first few bites before anything else, because this slows the amount of sugar hitting the bloodstream and avoids the insulin avalanche that comes if you go for the carby stuff.  When I actively do this, I generally am able to eat more and lose weight more quickly.

Again, you can lead any number of horses to water, but you are smart enough to consider this worthwhile.