I mowed my lawn last night

1 hour ago, 2Far said:

I have people.

I did but then he fell and broke something. At least that's what he tells everyone. I think he's just being a slacker.

• Heart 2

3 hours ago, Zackny said:

I did but then he fell and broke something. At least that's what he tells everyone. I think he's just being a slacker.

I'm having trouble pushing an empty shopping cart at the store.  I'll get to your lawn right quick though.

10 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

You have my permission to revel in your own awesomeness. :)  

She loves cutting grass and I'm not going to stop her.  If I was operating the vacuum cleaner do you think she would stop me.

• Heart 4

10 minutes ago, Further said:

You're welcome to cut mine tonight, or tomorrow....any time you want......

I don't even want to cut MINE, so I doubt I'll get to yours any time soon.

I only did half last night because the blades on the mower are so shot I had to go slower than usual and go over some spots 2-3 times. 

Guess it's time to suck it up and buy new ones.

I assume those bare spots are GPS errors. They are common.  The military no longer has the big plus or minus built into the GPS system, but there's a little still there.

Sometimes on the often-shaded BWI Airport Trail, when I set my Garmin Edge 510 Bike GPS to race against a partner, whose time and position is based on a previously recorded ride by me on the same 8-feet-wide paved trail, the Edge often tells me I'm off the path it recorded, then has trouble deciding how many seconds I'm behind or ahead - I'll be +1 min. 25 seconds and then, several seconds later, I'm behind by 20 seconds.

Here's an example of the horseshoe curve on that trail in a sunny section. Notice how the GPS's imposed-line shows me off the trail as often as on, even though I never left it. Of course, the straight line segment are the periods between recording samples, but since I'm going faster and faster throughout the picture, the straight line segments should continually grow longer and those on the left should be longer than the ones on the right!

It does show my strategy. As I enter the head of the curve at the lower left, I'm going less than 10 mph after climbing a steep hill to the highest spot overlooking the airport. The entire curve is downhill from there.  So as I go (downhill) up the right side of the picture, I go to the outside of the asphalt trail, about 1' from the edge of the 8'-10' wide asphalt path. As I get to about the top of the curve, I'm still going only about 20 mph and slowly drift across to about 1' from the inside of the trail so from the top of the picture to the lower left, I'm going on as close to straight as possible as I pick up more speed. That way, I don't feel like centrifugal force is going to make me fly off the outside of the trail at the bottom while I drift back to about 1' from the outside of it as it straightens out with me going close to 30 mph (I don't need faster!).

5933672485acd_HorseshoeCurveOverhead.JPG.7779ef8257a449dd7dc765133dc9b4d4.JPG

• Heart 2

A funny thing happened when I was cutting the grass. I just finished cutting the hill in front of the house when I turned around and Wo46 was standing there and said I'll take it from here. Who am I to say no. 

So as I sit here on the front porch typing this the wife is pushing the lawn mower around.

I kinda know the answer to this but do you think I should ask her to go get me a beer?

• Heart 1

Well I asked her to go fetch me a beer, she laughed and said we are out of beer. So I asked her if she would run to the store and pick some up for me.

She just shook her head and sat down with her glass of ice water. 

6 hours ago, Rick5234 said:

I bought that zero turn a few weeks back.  I went from spending about 2.5 hours cutting time with my tractor down to an hour and ten minutes.  And I still suck at driving it.  I got it stuck last week.  The back was wetter than I thought. 

If you add a bagger to that zero turn you will lose all that time you just saved. The yard does look remarkable will all the clippings picked up. 

7 minutes ago, Longjohn said:

If you add a bagger to that zero turn you will lose all that time you just saved. The yard does look remarkable will all the clippings picked up. 

That is one of the main ways my yard guy keeps me on the hook - the lawn looks like a fricken golf course or mansion grounds when he is done- not a blade of clippings left.  I haven't watched him for a while, so I don;t know how he does bagging.  I know his zero turn is damn fast though! :D

• Heart 1

2 hours ago, BR46 said:

Well I asked her to go fetch me a beer, she laughed and said we are out of beer. So I asked her if she would run to the store and pick some up for me.

She just shook her head and sat down with her glass of ice water. 

You ran oot of beer?!?!

And you call yourself a Wisconsonsite? 

:facepalm:

53 minutes ago, RalphWaldoMooseworth said:

That is one of the main ways my yard guy keeps me on the hook - the lawn looks like a fricken golf course or mansion grounds when he is done- not a blade of clippings left.  I haven't watched him for a while, so I don;t know how he does bagging.  I know his zero turn is damn fast though! :D

My zero turns are both very fast. When I use the bagger on wet or even lush grass from weather like we have been having it tends to jam up. If I go slow it jams up less. If it hasn't rained all week I can go fast but still have to keep emptying the bags. I think the drier weather the bagger will be less of a pita. The stinking bagger cost $1,350.00.

1 hour ago, RalphWaldoMooseworth said:

You ran oot of beer?!?!

And you call yourself a Wisconsonsite? 

:facepalm:

I fixed it. 

Even though Wo46 offered to stop and pick up some beer on her way home from visiting her mom I said no I can run to the beer store. 

I can't expect her to do everything around here. 

• Heart 1