Brilliant? or Git-R-Done?

2Far

• 1 year later...

Frankly, you hate to go outside recommended practice. There are occasions that require limits to be pressed. One looks at the situation, looks at the angles, so to speak and after deliberation may make decisions that are not best practice. You shouldn't allow those without knowledge, experience, or good judgement to step outside of good practice to get the job done. These things require responsible people making the best possible decisions under very specific conditions.

• Haha 2

19 minutes ago, donkpow said:

These things require responsible people making the best possible decisions under very specific conditions.

Ya mean like step ladder chimney dude?

I may or may not have done the poolside thing before.  WoKzoo has done some painting projects where I have no idea how she got-er-done.  She refused to tell me and always planned to do them when I wasn't around to scrape her up and help get her in an ambulance.

• Awesome 1

• 1 year later...
3 minutes ago, 2Far said:

No alt text provided for this image

Smart move to use a fiberglass ladder next to the high voltage power.  The only way to go.

Bonus points for the day-glow tee.

I'm assuming pipe fitters asked to install the conduit and not electricians.  I was going to say something about maintenance guys but didn't want to infuriate @Further.

• Heart 1
  • Haha 1

uh sure.

I worked in a rehabilitation hospital in Toronto for a few years.  All patients were paralyzed for life and wheelchair bound. Paraplegics and quadriplegics. that was the speciality of the hospital: spinal cord injuries and spinal degenerative diseases.   Injuries were from sports, work accidents falling off roofs, gunshot, etc.  We got patients after they spent time in trauma unit in acute care hospitals near by (Sunnybrook, Toronto Western).  I worked in the medical library and saw all the literature of medical problems with such patients....

I'm sorry I worked at a major construction project for 3 years on-site.  2 deaths and plus injuries..I had to reroute the incident reports and WCB claims to HR.  I heard shocking stories on our site and for other projects in Metro Vancovuer. A lot of this is not reported in news media.

On 9/14/2017 at 11:33 AM, 2Far said:

Brilliant! or Git-R-Done?:

59baa12954965_Excavation-nexttoroadspoilsprotection.jpeg.cd1636d15a961c6365451444b4c1ae65.jpeg

Our organization is rendering Pipe Line Work. This service is handled by professionals who have affluent industry practice and skill. Additionally, this service is widely admired in the market for their timely completion.    

J. P. Construction Fabrication  Vadodara, Gujarat India.

On 6/5/2017 at 1:28 PM, 2Far said:

IMG_3869.JPG

I had a summer job in college where I was up 30 feet similar to this guy way up on a forklift and had a heavy grinder in my hands to grind smooth the welds on overhead tracks being put in a factory. I was on scaffolding but it was shaky and at least as scary as this. It paid 3x minimum wage so, after a few days, I got used to it.  Git-R-Done!

• Heart 1

• 8 months later...