So this just happened.

airinpie

1 minute ago, Dirtyhip said:

That chainstay is distinctive.  Fuse, right?

Tell us more, tell us more.

I think that should be X7, drivetrain.

Yes and yes! 

Its the Fuse Comp 6Fattie. 2016. 

Owned by a girl that works at a bike shop and it's literally immaculate. She bought a FS and only rode it 115 miles. 

Upgrades from my current bike include: 110mm of travel, disc brakes, dropper post, 1x drivetrain, 27.5 wheels. It's like riding a monster truck!

• Heart 2

10 minutes ago, airinpie said:

Yes and yes! 

Its the Fuse Comp 6Fattie. 2016. 

Owned by a girl that works at a bike shop and it's literally immaculate. She bought a FS and only rode it 115 miles. 

Upgrades from my current bike include: 110mm of travel, disc brakes, dropper post, 1x drivetrain, 27.5 wheels. It's like riding a monster truck!

Nice bike.  If she hasn't done it already the first upgrade I would do is set it up tubeless.

7 minutes ago, Digital_photog said:

Nice bike.  If she hasn't done it already the first upgrade I would do is set it up tubeless.

She gave me a baggie with the owners manual and valve stems. Said it was tubeless ready, but she hadn't done it yet. 

Im gonna need new pedals soon. They're just plastic platforms. 

15 hours ago, Zealot said:

I use regular automotive brake fluid to stop the squeaks.

Unless the pads are glazed, then it's sandpaper and pray time.

Source: pads on my SS are glazed. Have sandpapered them several times, hasn't helped. Need replacement but I'm too cheap and lazy, so I just ride another bike, instead. ?

27 minutes ago, F_in Ray Of Sunshine said:

Unless the pads are glazed, then it's sandpaper and pray time.

Source: pads on my SS are glazed. Have sandpapered them several times, hasn't helped. Need replacement but I'm too cheap and lazy, so I just ride another bike, instead. ?

Wait a minute here.  Z said he used brake fluid to get rid of squeaks.  You didn't contradict.  Isn't he really meaning to say brake cleaner? I'm not aware of any brake fluid that would be good for cleaning braking surfaces.

• Heart 1

48 minutes ago, Reverend_Maynard said:

Wait a minute here.  Z said he used brake fluid to get rid of squeaks.  You didn't contradict.  Isn't he really meaning to say brake cleaner? I'm not aware of any brake fluid that would be good for cleaning braking surfaces.

Alcohol wipes.  That is all you need to clean rotors. 

I loved on three of my bikes yesterday and cleaned my rotors with alcohol wipes. 

• Heart 1

On June 12, 2017 at 10:44 AM, Reverend_Maynard said:

Yeah, meant 'cleaner'.  Fluid would make a serious mess... 

On June 12, 2017 at 11:40 AM, Dirtyhip said:

Alcohol wipes.  That is all you need to clean rotors. 

I loved on three of my bikes yesterday and cleaned my rotors with alcohol wipes. 

I tried that first. It didn't work for me.  It should have, I think. But I have brake cleaner in the house. Tried it. Worked. 

• 1 year later...