The search feature does not work well at all!

Ralphie

The developers have claimed they will improve it, but they don't have a lot of options.

They develop software that will be used on hundreds of different configurations.  Google has many billions to spend on improving search, clearly the developers of this software don't.

I could install a Google device on this server, but it would cost me many thousands of dollars.

Hopefully the developers will find a way to integrate Google site search into the existing software.

• 2 months later...

Any progress on this front?  My two biggest annoyances on this otherwise very user-fleetingly forum is the lack of search and the wonky smilie selection dialog.  (We can blame firefox for not being able to spell correct user-friendly. :D  User-fleetingly?  Yes, that is more common than user-friendly. :blink: )

16 minutes ago, Square Wheels said:

Nope, they are pretty tight lipped about upcoming releases.  There are lots of complaints, but few solutions.

As for the smiles, we can definitely add more.  Do you have a page of them I can download them from?

It's snot so much the quantity, it is that they don;t stay put!  Sometimes you have to click default to see the ones you want.  You would think they would put the most recently used ones on that ever-changing top row, and I guess they do, but the rest seem to get shuffled.  The first click on the smile face gives you the dialog with three rows of default, then you get more rows if you click the default link on that dialog.  Maybe add another row of recently used ones?

Or just have all eight rows always show up.