Yeti Travel Mugs, Have One?

ChrisL

In my morning routine I pour my to go coffee in a Yeti aluminum mug I got as a gift last Christmas.  That's around 7:30 AM and I just finished it at 10:30 AM and the last gulp was still piping hot.

Don't know if any of you have one but they are awesome.  They really keep your drinks hot a long time.

Our son who is stationed overseas swears by their coolers, mugs, etc. You cant put a price on a cold beverage when you spend months in the desert with no electricity. The Mrs bought one to try and says her coffee from home stays warm all morning and never needs warming up.

Yep, I have a 32 oz (which is just way too much coffee at once) and 20 oz that has become the mainstay in the truck.

The 32 is nice for iced adult beverages as it minimizes the amount of ice necessary & maximizes the good stuff and thus reduces the number of trips for refills.

29 minutes ago, BR46 said:

I can't see spending money on a travel mug when the bank hands travel mugs out for free. Kinda like buying a water bottle for your bike. 

Yeah but does the freebie mug keep your drinks scalding hot or ice cold for 3+ hours??? Yetis are spendy but they are freaking amazing.

53 minutes ago, ChrisL said:

Yeah but does the freebie mug keep your drinks scalding hot or ice cold for 3+ hours??? Yetis are spendy but they are freaking amazing.

Hell, I drink mine faster than that, and I have to stop for a pee break sooner than that when driving.  I can see the cooler in the desert situations, but I can buy a lot of ice for the 'extra' cost of their coolers.  We think about these things before we spend the money. We have some containers made in Boulder, CO, that work well for hot and cold drinks.

1 hour ago, ChrisL said:

I try to drink it faster and I'm so use to drinking cold coffee at work. At work I will buy a cup of coffee then get called away to trouble shoot or fix something and when I get back my coffee is cold. 

I'm not letting 45 cents on a vending machine cup of coffee go to waste. 

• Heart 1

I hate mugs that don't let my coffee cool off enough to drink.  My wife bought me fancy mug (not a yeti) and I put coffee in it once. I have put cold beverages in it a couple times but really I have only used it so she won't feel rejection.

16 minutes ago, Dirtyhip said:

Yeti = the new yuppie must have brand.  It's the new Pantagonia puffy.  Trendy.

I do love Yeti coffee stout, probably not related.

• Heart 1

2 hours ago, groupw said:

Coworker bought an inexpensive one that out performed the Yeti in tests. He then used the label maker to have a Yeti label and said it tripled the value!

Does it come in Blue? 

I mean red

I just bought a Hydro Flask travel cup. I have to leave the top off because  it won't cool down enough to drink it

• Heart 1

1 hour ago, Dirtyhip said:

Yeti = the new yuppie must have brand.  It's the new Pantagonia puffy.  Trendy.

Wow such hate on a pretty useful product.  I didnt buy mine so didn't know how much it was until I looked online.  Trendy, if you say so, not worth it, maybe, doesn't suit your needs, well I'm not telling anyone what they need.  

However if you need a travel mug that keeps cold cold and hot hot for many hours it's an awesome product.  So where to I get these puffy's?!?!

11 hours ago, 2Far said:

Yep, I have a 32 oz (which is just way too much coffee at once) and 20 oz that has become the mainstay in the truck.

The 32 is nice for iced adult beverages as it minimizes the amount of ice necessary & maximizes the good stuff and thus reduces the number of trips for refills.

With that much fluid, don't you just refill during the (often) stops to exfill?

• Heart 1

12 hours ago, ChrisL said:

The mugs my wife bought were not Yetis but if you are interested in your drink staying the same temp for a very long time they work. My wife is big on staying hydrated and always has a mug of ice water with her. She will come home from work and I'll have dinner ready, she goes over to her recliner where she left her ice water the day before and it still has ice in it.

19 minutes ago, Chris... said:

I have an $11 Contigo travel mug. Keeps my coffee hot for 3+ hours. 

Oh yeah!  Well, I have a $2 souvenir hot cup from Vancouver that keeps my coffee hot until I am done drinking it!  You have to start drinking right away though. :)  

• Heart 3

28 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

Oh yeah!  Well, I have a $2 souvenir hot cup from Vancouver that keeps my coffee hot until I am done drinking it!  You have to start drinking right away though. :)  

My coffee is not in my cup for very long. 5 min at most

• Heart 3

No, I'll never own anything Yeti as I'm not douchy enough for them.

On a FB sale group, there was a guy renting out Yeti coolers.  You know people are renting them for a status symbol when it cost double to rent one of those than what I paid for my huge ass Igloo cooler.

10 hours ago, ChrisL said:

Wow such hate on a pretty useful product.  I didnt buy mine so didn't know how much it was until I looked online.  Trendy, if you say so, not worth it, maybe, doesn't suit your needs, well I'm not telling anyone what they need.  

However if you need a travel mug that keeps cold cold and hot hot for many hours it's an awesome product.  So where to I get these puffy's?!?!

Was that hate?  I said it was a yuppie must have and that it was trendy.  Which it does seem to be.  I see hipsters carrying them, and yeti mugs and coolers are very hip at this present time.

I am sure it is awesome.  Although, I have a Santa Cruz travel mug that fits in bike cage.  It's beat to hell, but it still works nicely.  

I actually do use one up front in the airplane.  It is ecological and it keeps the coffee warmer longer than paper does.  The lid comes in very handy in turbulence.  I really do use a cheesy souvenir cup from Vancouver with some native design on it.  If Yeti came in 10-12 ounce, I would probably consider it based on reviews.  20 ounce though is too big for the confines of the flight deck. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/13/2017 at 10:49 AM, Wilbur said:

I actually do use one up front in the airplane.  It is ecological and it keeps the coffee warmer longer than paper does.  The lid comes in very handy in turbulence.  I really do use a cheesy souvenir cup from Vancouver with some native design on it.  If Yeti came in 10-12 ounce, I would probably consider it based on reviews.  20 ounce though is too big for the confines of the flight deck. 

http://yeti.com/rambler-lowball

On 7/23/2017 at 7:47 AM, team scooter said:

Yay Goodyear is mailing me a yeti cup for buying four tires. :cheerleader:

https://www.goodyear.com/en-US/save/yeti-promo

Did I become douchy when I excepted the offer, or do I need to wait until it arrives in the mail? ;)

No, the color and the Goodyear emblem on it disguise it enough to prevent douchyness.  With the Yeti stuff, it has to say Yeti in big letters so everyone knows you have a Yeti one.

I have a SIC aluminum travel mug that keeps coffee hot for freaking ever that I like.  The price was rough though (found it in a park and had to clean it really well to get the alcohol smell out).

4J4A0332d.jpg?v=1499280985

• Heart 1