I sure spend a lot of time hiding your incessant animal shelter posts...

Randomguy

20 minutes ago, Dirtyhip said:

Someone on FB was like that. I made a horse burger joke and I was unfriended. Win.

Yeah, I had unfollowed that person (presuming it to be the same person), but thought "how hard could it be to simply hide posts from horsey and dog shelter posts?" and decided to follow them again.  Well, there seem to be an infinite number of "rescue" groups out there, and hiding all future posts from hidden groups seems to make little impact, as there is always a new group to annoy us all.

Yeah, I love dogs, but don't need 20 posts a day about dogs in CT or CA or MI or OH that I am never going to be anything other than bothered about, and I sure as fuck don't care if people eat horse meat for any purpose; I would eat it if it tasted good.

Although these people may be well-meaning, it marginalizes you if all you post about is just amounts to filler for the bulk of people out there.  If you post that many posts about any one thing, you are tuned out, and what you care about doesn't matter anymore because you are just another shrill voice taking up wavelength that doesn't understand what does or doesn't make an impact.

• Heart 1