What is your Myers Briggs type?

airinpie

4 minutes ago, airinpie said:

I can't remember the persons name now, but I got someone super riled up in the LF because he was INTJ, and didn't believe me. He wanted to be the only rare snowflake ?

Jim used it as an excuse for his behavior.

26 minutes ago, Caretaker said:

What's really crazy is when people are required to take these type of tests when applying for jobs.

I had to before being hired by a Spanish Laser company.  They hired me anyway.  :o  It was the shortest job I ever had.  They called me the day before I was to leave for Spain to meet the boss family and spend a few weeks in the factory to tell me that the North American operation was moving to Mexico City.  I declined

2 minutes ago, maddmaxx said:

I had to before being hired by a Spanish Laser company.  They hired me anyway.  :o  It was the shortest job I ever had.  They called me the day before I was to leave for Spain to meet the boss family and spend a few weeks in the factory to tell me that the North American operation was moving to Mexico City.  I declined

It obviously didn't test for aversion to living in Mexico.

27 minutes ago, airinpie said:

I can't remember the persons name now, but I got someone super riled up in the LF because he was INTJ, and didn't believe me. He wanted to be the only rare snowflake ?

When I first started on LF , after about 5 posts, someone (I forget her name, 'Something Yankee' she was a frequent posting, hockey fan lady who lived in florida and was going to get tracked down and killed by buggy10) said I was an INTP.  I had no idea what she was talking about and everyone else was like, "oh don't do that to him" or "don't get started on that".  Since I had no idea what the hell it was about I asked and she pointed me to an online quiz.  I took the test and it said I was an INTP.  I was shocked she figured that out from the half dozen posts I had written.

• Heart 1

ENTJ

I found an online test (50+ quick questions) here: http://www.humanmetrics.com/hr/jtypesresult.aspx

The site asserts that "ENTJs build successful careers in the areas requiring considerable organizational skills and intellectual efforts, presenting a challenge, and calling for creativity."

My first chemistry post-grad school job was as an organic process research chemist, in charge of a team, for a subsidiary of Dow Chemical where I became chief chemist in three years, so it fits.

But later, I moved into teaching high school chemistry/physics/astronomy and coaching varsity cross country, track, softball, and the chess club (not all in the same year) and found that just as challenging and requiring creativity.