Baddass of the day

Longjohn

A pathetic triathletes group I am in posted this guys crash and Strava map. He lost control and hit the side of the bridge, flipped over the railing 14 feet down with his feet still clipped in, landing on his back in two feet of water. Crossed the river and made his way back to the road where he rode the 14 miles home. 

IMG_2484.PNG

IMG_2485.JPG

IMG_2486.JPG

• Heart 2

He's not really doing anything to help the perception that Tri guys bike handling abilities absolutely suck.

A little light road rash.  He's just lucky he didn't hit a rock going off the bridge and that his bike survived the fall well enough to ride home.

Bad Ass?  Not even close. 

Lucky Ass?  Yes

• Heart 3

4 hours ago, Indy said:

He's not really doing anything to help the perception that Tri guys bike handling abilities absolutely suck.

A little light road rash.  He's just lucky he didn't hit a rock going off the bridge and that his bike survived the fall well enough to ride home.

Bad Ass?  Not even close. 

Lucky Ass?  Yes

Come on haven't you ever gone over the bridge? It's tough swimming across the river with your bike and riding home with blood running down your leg. When I rode my bike home I wasn't even bleeding (on the outside) I just had a broken rib and a f'd up shoulder.

• Heart 1