TWIB...

UglyBob

6 hours ago, goldendesign said:

Have you flown fpv before?

Looks really nice!

Yeah, a little. I've been learning on a Sharper Image DX4. This drone almost fly's it's self. You can set it to follow GPS waypoints, leaving you free to concentrate on camera movements. I'm going to be using it mainly to shoot footage for a couple of book trailers for my series.

• Heart 1

1 hour ago, F_in Ray Of Sunshine said:

You bastard.........

I had a Parrot 2.0. I flew it for a while, but got bored with it, since it was so limited. Been threatening to get a Uneek, but have yet to pull the trigger. Keep thinking I'd like to do a video compilation of the rides around here.

This one has a "Follow Me" mode, so it would be nice for trail stuff, as long as things are clear overhead. The one thing it doesn't have is collision avoidence sensors.

Just now, F_in Ray Of Sunshine said:

Dunno. Some of what I saw about the ones that have the collision avoidance said it’s really not all that, yet. It said the demos at the show were  kind of staged.

I have a friend that has one with CA.  It's interesting to watch when he flies it in his shop.  The thing stays away from walls, the floor, the ceiling, inventory, people walking around.  In a small space the thing can act absolutely nuts trying to avoid everything.  You can't land the thing or grab it out of the air without turning off CA.

5 minutes ago, Kzoo said:

The thing stays away from walls, the floor, the ceiling, inventory, people walking around.

My info is a bit old, but when I was looking, CA was “coming”, but not quite out. One of the manufacturers supposedly had demonstrated CA at an electronics show, but the consensus was that it was scripted. (I seem to remember someone riding a MTB on stage and the copter was following them and avoiding stuff.)

Like I said, that was a year or two ago